• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Southend

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Southend

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Southend
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, October 24, 2020 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, October 24, 2020 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Some light reading with your weetabix..

Attachments

• Tranmere_Southend_24102020_compressed.pdf
    5.3 MB · Views: 246
Player
aldo
Banks prob can't do the dressing room right either. to up and down never seems to have a run of good games

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It is interesting that in the programme notes Mark Palios states that he believes our squad is strong enough 'to challenge for the title'.

That emphasises pretty starkly what the expectations for this season were, and the standard that Jacko needs to reach.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm surprised Mark rates the squad that highly, there is not enough depth in certain areas for me. However it is certainly a squad that ought to make the top 7.

Player
Manager
John King
I'm surprised Mark rates the squad that highly, there is not enough depth in certain areas for me. However it is certainly a squad that ought to make the top 7.
I think there is plenty of depth in most areas now, including the striking positions if you include the injured players.

It is good enough to be challenging for automatic promotion in my view.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Lack of goals is my biggest concern apart from the manager.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Think the goals issue depends to an extent on how Smith does, Cambridge fans say he doesn't function as a lone striker.

Player
Manager
John King
Lack of goals is my biggest concern apart from the manager.
I think the lack of goals is in large part due to how negatively we are setting up. We have got talented attacking players and Smith and Payne are capable of weighing in with a few, in addition to Vaughan.

Not many, if any, clubs at this level have two prolific strikers.

Player
Manager
John King
Vaughan, Young and Davies all start. CBT on the bench. Looks like 451.

Glad Vaughan is back but hope he has not been rushed.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Disappointing line in terms of the two players who got some credit on Tuesday I.e Murphy and Sam Smith both dropped. Not sure a half fit Vaughan will be better than smith but I guess if Jacko wants his one up front he thinks James is better suited.

hopefully he won’t be making early changes again if things don’t work

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Glad Vaughan is back but hope he has not been rushed.
Yeah. Jacko desperate for goals but he hasn't kicked a ball for 2 weeks. Hopefully he can get one early on.

Not a big fan of the 1 up front but it's a strong team, no excuses today!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Very surprised that in a game we really need to win, Jackson has gone with one up front again. Vaughan a big risk, given his recent absence, as others have said. Given Murphy did little wrong, I'd have stuck with him ahead of Davies.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Shame we can’t have played 2 up front when at home to the worse side in the division.

Smith and Vaughan Could have been decent with feeney putting balls in

Reactions: Boz

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Very surprised that in a game we really need to win, Jackson has gone with one up front again. Vaughan a big risk, given his recent absence, as others have said. Given Murphy did little wrong, I'd have stuck with him ahead of Davies.
If you are surprised he has gone one up front and think that Vaughan is a big risk, I'd be interested to know which 2 you would have played up front? I assume that you would start with Burton and Smith but to me that seems an even bigger risk.

Player
Manager
John King
It's how we use the formation and tactics that will be key, we need get players forward and have a style of play that we can recognise
Exactly. A 433 can be adventurous if it is played correctly.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Watching Challinor's Hartlepool against Ilkeston Town on the BBC this afternoon while following Rovers on text/forum. Should be less infuriating than iFollow and, you never know, we may be drawn against the winner on Monday!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
If you are surprised he has gone one up front and think that Vaughan is a big risk, I'd be interested to know which 2 you would have played up front? I assume that you would start with Burton and Smith but to me that seems an even bigger risk.
I’d have played Smith and Vaughan, given James is deemed fit to play. However, I wasn’t the only poster to wonder how fit he’s going to be.