• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Southend

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Southend

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Southend
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, October 24, 2020 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, October 24, 2020 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Another home game for Rovers and after the disappointing performance against Leyton Orient, Mike Jackson will be looking for a marked improvement from the players. The Shrimpers travel up to Prenton Park looking for their first league win of the season. They are rooted to the bottom after five defeats and two draws out of their seven games and were well beaten 3-0 on Tues night by Salford.

Rovers are on shaky ground with only one win this season and will be looking to kickstart their season with a home win. The game might be too early for James Vaughan who is out of self isolation but may not be fit enough to play. Monthe is doubtful after his recent knee problems whilst CBT, Stefan Payne, Morgan Ferrier and Paul Lewis are unavailable.

Last edited:

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
Simply put, this is must win. If we cant beat (and outplay) Southend then serious questions need to be answered.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We failed to beat them both games last season a goalless draw wouldn't be a surprise

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
This should be the most winnable game of the season - at home to the bottom team, who have only managed two draws, although one was at Crawley. If we get organised and show the right attitude, we should be alright no matter which side we put out, but those are big ifs at the moment.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
My concern is that we will scrape a victory on Saturday, with an unconvincing performance, but we will then revert to type in the more difficult matches in the weeks ahead. I just don't have any confidence that we will find consistency in the long term, but hope to be wrong.

It goes without saying that we need to win the game, but a convincing performance is also vital.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
MJ has said they’ll be working hard in training this week so it will be interesting to see what improvements we’ll see on Saturday. :unsure:

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Another home game for Rovers and after the disappointing performance against Leyton Orient, Mike Jackson will be looking for a marked improvement from the players.
I'd be looking for a marked improvement from the manager, a positive line-up, clear game plan and reverting to his previous willingness to make changes early rather than letting things drift as Mike Jackson appeared to in the Orient game.

In terms of line-up, don't think Vaughan will be fit to start, but might be worth a place on the bench. Smith needs another player close to him, Feeney, if he starts should be played on his best side. I don't think Southend will be pushovers but we need a win and it has the potential to be a watershed moment should Rovers lose.

Player
aldo
lose this then I think and he won't do it that Mp needs to let MJ go. one thing is for sure if we did go down again we won't be back up so quick with the major money issues you would think are on the horizon. of having no fans in to watch the dross thats being served

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
My gut feeling is that even if Saturday fails to lift the gloom, Mike's job will be safe for a while longer. Reading between the lines, I think things have been more difficult than we thought at the club in terms of not just player availability but also match fitness. If you don't have players 100% match fit, it's difficult for them to play to any sensible system. Mark will give Mike a bit more time to get the best out of the squad. I just hope the players give their boss the time he needs and he doesn't "lose the dressing room", which usually spells the end.

I think it's highly unlikely we will go down. There are worse teams around than us and I expect two or three clubs could fold. The issue for me is that we have enough time to mount a promotion challenge and get into the top seven.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Lose and Jackson has to go immediately IMO. Position would be untenable.
Danger as pointed out above is we scrape a 1-0 win in a dire game and we then muddle on picking up a few points here and there such that by end of November we are looking at best at bottom half mediocrity for the rest of the season.
That would be a disaster IMO as I still think that this squad is good enough to finish at least in the playoffs if not automatics.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I’m a bit torn. BBTC makes some valid points and I had a bit of sympathy with Jacko watching his pre match interview.

that said I don’t know if I can stomach another performance like tuesday and if it’s more of the same I’ll be asking Jacko to leave and moon-walk right out of PP!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Lose and Jackson has to go immediately IMO. Position would be untenable.
I would certainly be very concerned about our chances this season if we lose tomorrow. Having said that, MP seems to have more patience than the supporters so I don't think he'll be for the chop this early.

Player
aldo
if I was to show some of that shower the things I can do with that knife they would not play shit again lol

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
0-0 draw I'm guessing. I think Jacko will be given time enough to get a fuller squad to pick from.
Just an improved performance - not so much the result should keep him at the helm in the meantime. Equally a crap display and a 1-0 win should do the trick as well.
Poor show and defeat might signal goodnight Vienna.
Hope the CB combo stays the same and that Kahn starts. For me Banks can tidy the dressing room.