• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Shakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
At the end of 2011, Rovers only win in the bleak final four months of Les Parry's reign was 2-0 over Bury. Even then, it sounded like the visitors were wasteful with their chances. Rovers got well-beaten in the return match; Ronnie's first defeat in his latest stint in the Rovers hot-seat.

Fast forward to the 2012/3 season and Rovers have got off to a table-topping start, while the Shakers hampered by the untimely departure of their manager to Crawley are struggling at the bottom. A good away draw at Sheffield United may be a turning-point for the visitors, though I hope not. Caretaker boss is Peter Shirtliff, who was Ronnie's no 2 during our 7th place season, he may be able to apply some insight into how Ronnie operates from working with us. Bury also have LEA in their squad, who did a good job for Rovers in his first loan spell, but hasn't, so far, made the same impact there. He didn't get off the bench at the weekend.

Wonder if there will be any changes for Rovers on Tuesday night. Talk of Wallace and JLAA carrying injuries, but if there's any chance, they'll play. The Bell-Baggie/Thompson debate will re-surface after the Coventry game, where Abdulai was a bit of a mixture, although he defended more capably than expected. Thompson did well when he came on and is arguably a better option against physically stronger sides.

The referee is Mr Kettle, who's got a reputation for flashing the cards, though up to now not in Rovers games. Let's hope it stays that way.

Prediction: I'm unlikely to make this match and being pitched against European games, would expect a significant drop from the weekend. However, it's a lower priced C game and Bury isn't too far to travel from. so hoping for over 5k.
Expecting a close game with few goals. Think this is one we should win on current form, but an uneasy feeling it won't go to plan.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'm going to remain confident after the win on Saturday even though I know a defeat will come sooner or later. 2-0 Rovers. Goals for Akpo and Cassidy. On current form, we should win easily :)

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Is it me, or do these games get more nerve racking the longer we remain unbeaten ? If we were in Bury's position we wouldn't think we had a prayer, which just shows how irrational supporters can be when it comes to the fortunes of their own team.

Another three points would hopefully see us extend our lead at the top with Notts County having a tough game at MK Dons.

Player
Nixon
im in the same boat, im dreading everygame. hahahaha

dont want our unbeaten record to go.

must we have only conceded 1 goal from open play in 6 games. (the other was a peno).

come on rovers 1-0 would do me fine

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I actually think our good run will continue until we suffer the first serious bout of injuries. That will leave us exposed with such a small squad.

White_Magic

Player
Ian Moore
Winners

I agree with Ian reference the vulnerability of the squad. I am less of a pessimist though and i can see us extending our goal difference by two or three goals here. I solid 2-0 will do...and hope Notts County draw with MK Dons.

We do have options in terms of players getting injured, and Ronnie isn't scared to stick someone who he thinks can do the job in a position out of their comfort zone. Unbeaten at home in the league since Dec 2011...lets extend our unbeaten record away from home now as well ;-)

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
Lets face it this is our second home game in succestion..so we should be able to improve on our( first half?) performance against cov imo..

improve performances from

ash T

Baggie (whats his name ...in fact that will do for me !)

apro ( not going to say it twice)

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
According to Andy Doyle, it's Bell-Baggio. Fool.. :roll:

I thought I was the only one that had noticed that.

Well, he is a footballer so he must be named after a world cup runner-up. :-|

Status
Not open for further replies.