• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Salford

Match result

• Salford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Salford
Posted by Ian
Peninsula Stadium
Tuesday, January 11, 2022 - 07:45 PM
Until: Tuesday, January 11, 2022 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Rovers hope to continue their excellent recent form with a trip to moneybags Salford. The hosts lie 12th and 5 points off the play offs so will hoping to make some ground on the top 7. Saturday saw a decent win at Newport although apparently it was a bit of a smash and grab. Up front Thomas-Asante is always a handful with his pace and they have some decent players at this level. Whilst we have the best home record in the league Salford have actually lost less games this season losing only 2 out of 12 at home but winning only 5. Given our recent defensive performances a draw would not be unexpected and wouldn’t be a bad result with another winnable home game on Saturday at PP.

As for the line up assuming no injuries I’d expect the same line up and hopefully McPake can get another start.

Prediction: a draw for me which I’ll be watching on from the hospitality areas at Salford having gotten some complimentary tickets from a friend. Any celebrations will need to be muted or I could be thrown out!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
It will be a tough game, I am going for a draw 1 1.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Battle of the 2 forms teams in L2. If we concede the same amount of possession as the Scunny game, then Salford are well equipped to take advantage, so there may need to be some tactical tweaks. Hopefully the covid spell is behind us and Micky will have more options and a full bench, but we don't know that's the case.
I'd take a draw.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
I believe it's the right time to play Salford.
We are in great form, and they have not, we have found goalscoring easier since early December and our clean sheet record speaks for itself.
Even a draw will be decent.
And a very similar line up.
Unless we sign Harry Kane, and he's got enough to go straight into the eleven!

You never know!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
As has been commented, Salford are in good form with four wins and a draw in their last six games, and Asante has scored three in the last three matches. They apparently still have a few players missing due to injury, but it will be a tough game and a draw would be a decent result.

I don't think it is inevitable that if we continue with the 442 formation we lose the game. We have been playing that way home and away for weeks now, including the game at Exeter before Christmas, and while we sacrifice control of possession in that system, our workrate out of possession and the strength of the back four compensates,

I think there may be one change to the starting line up, with Morris coming in for McPake if he is Covid free, but otherwise I expect it will be the same team that played on Saturday.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Tough game. A draw I would be happy with to keep the unbeaten run going. @Sparky make sure you have your Tranmere top on under your coat! :D

Player
aldo
6-0 rovers we can,t have those plastic mancs getting stuff against us hattricks for both our young stars, LOL and something they won't see very often at their little club A soldout away end bring it home boys

Reactions: Ian

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Unchanged team from Saturday, come on you white boys.

Reactions: Ian

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The only change a full bench of subs, with Merrie available.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A sliced kick from Doohan leads to simple goal, they look the better team so far we will do well to get a point at this rate

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Second best and deserved to be behind, we not got McPake involved at all so far, need big improvement second half if we are to get anything out of this game

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Foley for Nevitt half time, looked like an injury

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Jolley rattles the crossbar. Come on Rovers!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Should really have scored, Glatzel on for mcpake

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yep, much better second half.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A draw
It will be a tough game, I am going for a draw 1 1.
Happy enough with a point especially from 1 down. We need McPake to get upto full fitness and leave Feeney out when Hawkes returns.
Hopefully Nevitt not a serious injury or the need for another striker just got urgent

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Well called, Mart!!

Sounds like a point gained rather than two lost. Some character shown to weather the first half battering and come back in the second.

FGR won as expected, but Swindon lost at Mansfield. I think RLC could be right about the Stags being the dark horses of the division.