• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Salford

Match result

• Rovers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Salford

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Salford
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, April 17, 2021 - 12:30 PM
Until: Saturday, April 17, 2021 - 02:30 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Well at least Vaughan survived a quarter of the match and managed three attempts on goal. He should be starting next Saturday. Results below us went well, so we are still hanging on until the one-man cavalry (Vaughan) arrives. ;)

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Another unacceptable performance.

The second half was fractionally better than the first and we did create a couple of chances, but the first period was a complete nonsense of a set up. Morris as a lone striker in a front three feeding off percentage balls pumped up to him, with the rest of the team fifty yards behind him.

The substitutions were baffling again. The only players with any pace and energy - Lloyd and Woolery - were removed, and all of our attacking threat disappeared, with nothing in behind their back four. The statuesque Nugent gets half an hour, while CBT is given four minutes.

We are sleepwalking to another season in League Two as it stands. If we somehow make the play offs, there is no possibility of promotion the way we are set up at the moment. We need different tactical ideas, a different voice, a spark to try and salvage something from the season.

In all likelihood Hill will go in the summer anyway, so I am just praying that a change is made while there is still time to resurrect this season.

Individually, I thought Murphy, Monthe and Lloyd were ok today, and Lewis worked hard while lacking quality.

Reactions: Ian
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Well at least Vaughan survived a quarter of the match and managed three attempts on goal. He should be starting next Saturday. Results below us went well, so we are still hanging on until the one-man cavalry (Vaughan) arrives. ;)
He should not be starting. He was running with a limp again today, and seemed to have jarred his knee after falling when he went up for a header.

It is a real mark of desperation that we have brought him back so early.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well at least Vaughan survived a quarter of the match and managed three attempts on goal.
A half fit Vaughan who had 30 mins does more than the rest of the team in 90. Wow, we are in trouble.

ADD

Player
Norwood
What time are we expecting the Club Statement?
Surely has to be this evening? Sadly he has been given 2 or 3 games too long as Jackson was.....

overthewater

Player
chris malkin
Putting CBT on so late is an absolute joke. How must the player feel ? Hill's man management is shocking. Makes me pine for the good old days when Jacko realised he'd messed up and had made 3 changes by the half-hour:)

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Scraping the barrel to find anything positive to say about that game. Perhaps that Salford dropping points reduces their chances of overtaking Rovers in the play-off race. Though it's academic given our prospects of winning the play-offs given the current approach are zilch.

Subs were weird. If Woolery was the first to come off maybe, but not after he'd just been involved in the move that troubled their defence. Bringing on Nugent was pointless, one good lay-off aside, his contribution was minimal. Agree that it's daft giving CBT so little time.

Monthe probably my MoM, stout defending and did find a white shirt with some of his longer balls. Lloyd battled hard and Morris out of position for much of the game did ok. Murphy did well protecting his goal, but needed to mix up his long kicks a bit more.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
imagine if we ad fans in the stadium

you wonder if Palios is thinking about how it could impact on season ticket sales. Lots of people saying on social media they won’t be renewing it if Hill is in charge. I’m sure some people are talking rubbish but remember that was one reason Ronnie lose his job at Oldham

Player
aldo
well I am not bothering is it rock and roll or a slow Ballard it is not what he promised not that it matters the fact is we are lucky we had the run we did otherwise we would be fighting to stay in the LG

Player
Norwood
Just listened to Keith. In his words “we had training on Thursday and Corey was electric”.

so that’s why he only got 3 minutes today!?!
I just saw it....bloody Hell, he doesn't make it easy on himself does he? What motivation does CBT have to train well then??

Just listened to Keith. In his words “we had training on Thursday and Corey was electric”.

so that’s why he only got 3 minutes today!?!
Perhaps a backhanded way of saying he was just tepid on Wednesday and Friday! So still needs to do more.

Though yes, I agree, giving him just three minutes seems pretty pointless.

drwhoman

Salford 55% possession and more corners. Rovers 18 fouls! As has been said, our form is relegation material. We are lucky other top teams are not consistent or we would be totally gone. Hill knows hw will be out in four games which does not help him or, from our perspective, the players. Bite the bullet now Mark! Maybe Dawes and Parky can lift them for the last few games. Otherwise, another season in L2. I think back to debates about whether they should have been given the season!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think if he was going to do it, he'd have done it by now. Looks like we are going to have to muggle through the next few games, hope Vaughan gets himself fit enough to make a difference and we manage to scrape through via the play off positions. Then we would have the play-offs to contend with but that is another beast for another day.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I think if he was going to do it, he'd have done it by now. Looks like we are going to have to muggle through the next few games, hope Vaughan gets himself fit enough to make a difference and we manage to scrape through via the play off positions. Then we would have the play-offs to contend with but that is another beast for another day.
My worry is that we are using Vaughan too early before he is fully fit. This may work and get us to the playoffs, but it increases the risk of a secondary injury, which would reduce our chances of winning them.