• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Salford

Match result

• Rovers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Salford

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Salford
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, April 17, 2021 - 12:30 PM
Until: Saturday, April 17, 2021 - 02:30 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I know I am repeating myself, but the way results went yesterday there is still an incredible opportunity for the club. If we win the last four games I am sure we would be automatically promoted, and a sequence like that should be perfectly possible with this group of players and Vaughan coming back into the fold. However, I don't think it is possible under the current manager and tactical set up, and with existing confidence levels.

Player
Manager
John King
Not the line-up I'd have gone for, Crawford ditched totally and still no place on the bench for Burton/Jolley.
Crawford was not injured yesterday apparently, so it was strange that he was bombed out of the squad completely just when he was starting to find his feet and become integrated.

I think Morris offers more anyway, but the same has happened to Monthe, CBT, O'Connor and others recently. It can't be great for the confidence of the players.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Agreed. Some players don’t know whether they are coming or going and then there are players like Paul Lewis who get picked every week regardless of performance.

Player
Manager
John King
We are now 23rd in the form table, with only Forest Green below us. FGR will probably overtake us on Tuesday.

Just incredible really.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Feeney never gets dropped/rested either, yet looks jaded and his set piece delivery hasn't been at it's best recently. Lewis had a steady game yesterday and particularly with Spearing out, his ability to put a tackle in and break up play comes in handy. Crawford was one of the better players at Walsall, though accept that's damning with faint praise, so surprised he didn't even make the bench.

Player
Manager
John King
Kahn should definitely be taking the set plays now rather than Feeney. Or we should at least be varying them.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We are now 23rd in the form table, with only Forest Green below us. FGR will probably overtake us on Tuesday.

Just incredible really.
Grimsby, who are bottom on a goal difference of -27 have won more points than us over the last five games. Let that sink in.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
We've got options for set plays, both Lloyd and Macdonald are capable as well as Khan. We need to be mixing it up a bit..