• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Saddlers

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I’ve seen a clip of the Merrie challenge and it’s definitely worth appealing the red.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I’ve seen a clip of the Merrie challenge and it’s definitely worth appealing the red.
A really bizarre decision and terrible for Merrie, who had a very good game. Walsall's right winger was their most dangerous player but Merrie did pretty well against him defensively, and also showed great awareness for the assist for the goal.

Player
Manager
John King
Micky sounds pretty positive about bringing players in over the next couple of weeks.

Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
Well done Rovers, really enjoyed celebrating the goal and great to start off with three points.
If that was a red card, we might as well take up a gentler pastime such as tiddlywinks. Pointless appealing if you ask me as it’s a closed shop.
After a bright start, as already described, we lost a bit of cohesion and purpose, but Walsall could be seen growing in confidence with their increased possession; we did limit them to speculative efforts. Thought we then matured well as the second half progressed with some good inter-play and a well made goal. Really difficult to judge how good a three points it is in relation to where Walsall will be as the season progresses, but nevertheless, three points on the board against anyone is something to celebrate and be positive about.
Looking forward to first away day at Port Vale next week where, no doubt, the SWA will be out in force.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
My gut instinct was that was not a red card but would have see replay. We were the better team and deserved the win without being close to top form.
Was great to see a Micky fist pump at the end

Player
Manager
John King
My gut instinct was that was not a red card but would have see replay. We were the better team and deserved the win without being close to top form.
Was great to see a Micky fist pump at the end
It actually looks even less of a red card on the replay than it did in the ground from my vantage point. I am pretty sure we will appeal.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Was 17 who came on Foley? He was numbered 15 in the programme and there wasn't a 17.

Player
aldo
the young lad from the reds if he gets 1 soon you get the impression he will go on a good run if we get McNulty i can see both them playing togeather

Player
Manager
John King
Just as a bizarre aside, our opponents next Saturday, Port Vale, had their keeper sent off for the second game in succession today.

Player
aldo
Glad the team got off to a good start had to get the updates from Radio Shitside, such a bad commentator said there was around 4500 to 5000 in the ground, when there was over 7700 he said Macca is a striker mmmmmm a winger me thinks, always remember the Chester Derby 2-3 win when he said it was a defo penalty when is was 6inches out side the box once a twat always a twat and yes I don,t like him sorry

Player
Manager
John King
Glad the team got off to a good start had to get the updates from Radio Shitside, such a bad commentator said there was around 4500 to 5000 in the ground, when there was over 7700 he said Macca is a striker mmmmmm a winger me thinks, always remember the Chester Derby 2-3 win when he said it was a defo penalty when is was 6inches out side the box once a twat always a twat and yes I don,t like him sorry
I think the Merseyside reporter was Neil Turner. I assume Derek Jones is on his holidays.