• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Saddlers

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Walsall

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Saddlers
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, December 5, 2020 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, December 5, 2020 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I think with cbt that Is the type of player he currently is fairly in & out but will improve over the years the more experience he gets.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson

An interesting analysis. Already, I appreciate his insights more than any other Rovers manager in recent years. He avoids repetition and cliché.

Next week is crunch time, where he has to turn things round. Unfortunately, next Saturday's fixture at Exeter looks by far the toughest in a relatively mediocre December fixture list. Meanwhile, how does he approach Tuesday? Will we see a strong side with minimal changes to restore normality and give us the best chance of progressing or will he res tired limbs and give the fringe players a run out?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
We should make wholesale changes on Tuesday. The senior players look mentally and physically jaded after the Saturday-Tuesday schedule and need a proper break. It is a nonsense competition and we should just use it to give more game time to Ferrier, Lloyd, Nelson etc.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Does anyone know what is wrong with Ellis? Not on bench but thought we had a fully fit squad aside from Payne?

Player
Manager
John King
I think he has been injured, but he seems to be down the pecking order under the new management anyway, with Nelson ahead of him.

In fairness, Nelson has probably been better than him in the limited games they have played this season.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
If we’re to continue playing the same way, then Keith needs to adapt the options when opponents are pressing on the full-backs. I thought Clarke had one of his poorest games in a while and had dipped from his usual (higher) standard more than Manny, who struggled to cope with an opponent able to match his physical strength. CBT, on the one time he got the ball and ran at their full-back won us a free-kick, but there wasn’t the same level of movement/link-up play on our left that we saw with O’Connor and Feeney on the right.

Didn’t get the impression from KH that there will be wholesale changes for the EFL Cup game. It’s a difficult balancing exercise, as the financial benefit of progressing in the current climate is more valuable than usual, but if that’s at the expense of our promotion prospects then not worth it.

Player
Manager
John King
If we’re to continue playing the same way, then Keith needs to adapt the options when opponents are pressing on the full-backs. I thought Clarke had one of his poorest games in a while and had dipped from his usual (higher) standard more than Manny, who struggled to cope with an opponent able to match his physical strength. CBT, on the one time he got the ball and ran at their full-back won us a free-kick, but there wasn’t the same level of movement/link-up play on our left that we saw with O’Connor and Feeney on the right.

Didn’t get the impression from KH that there will be wholesale changes for the EFL Cup game. It’s a difficult balancing exercise, as the financial benefit of progressing in the current climate is more valuable than usual, but if that’s at the expense of our promotion prospects then not worth it.
I would be very surprised if we don't make substantial changes on Tuesday. There is a big difference between an FA Cup game live on national television and the Pizza Trophy.

Player
aldo
yes give the lads a break give others a game it could be what some of the lads need after the horror show on sat I feel for you guys who got to go it must have been amazing to be back and must have been gutted with the game