• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Saddlers

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I'd disagree with anyone who wants to pin all the blame on Pennington for the goal; from the time of Ridehalgh's misplaced pass, there was ample opportunity to block progress,

I did think it was daft to take a quick free kick on the half way line when Kennedy was sitting on his backside injured. We sloppily gave the ball away which left Pennington one-on-one with Lalkovic.

Player
Backayogo
Have to agree with everything that has been said. We are playing too deep and to me it's negative football. Lowe is totally isolated despite playing his socks off he has no chances. In my mind Robbo should be playing as a Sub and coming on in the last 20 mins until he is fitter. Despite being a Senior player he is a member of a squad and should remember that. Come on Rovers lets be more positive, otherwise we will be staring at relegation.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I agree with Groundsmans Fork on Robbo. He has not done enough in recent weeks to warrant a starting place and given our form changes are required. Saturday was a good example of the energy and enthusiasm that Kirby brings to the side and given we were at home he should have started. We had enough experience on the pitch with OFW, Ash, Lowe and Koumas to not need Robbo in the starting 11.

Slightly off topic but the likes of Robbo must be wondering if he is going to get another contract as his recent form has not been great, his reaction wasn't on at getting subbed, plus he misses too many games through injury imo

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I see Peterborough were dumped out of the cup by non-league Kiddy tonight. They seem to have big problems at the moment and I am hoping they continue for at least one more game (assuming Ferguson does not get sacked in the meantime).

A mixed bag of results in League One, with Oldham losing and Stevenage winning to move within three points of us.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Peterborough were in poor form before we played them in the cup, we need to get stuck into them and let them know there in a game