• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Bristol Rovers v Rovers

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Regarding the comments about budgets, I struggle to believe that we are in a worse position than the likes of Accrington, Burton, Rochdale, Fleetwood and Wimbledon who all had lower average attendances last season than we have sold season tickets for this season. The difference in TV/EFL cash between L1 and L2 is not massive and I'd be very surprised if these clubs (and most of the rest in the league) were running at a level of profit where all that cash is not being spent as it is earned. I guess that my point is we should not be writing ourselves off purely because we have a below average playing budget. We already have 2 "basket cases" in our league and there are always other clubs who implode along the way. If we keep our nerve, faith in our principles and discipline I am sure we are capable of retaining L1 status this season without financially overextending ourselves. To be honest, we shouldn't even be in this league and it was a major achievement that could not even be planned for. There are sufficient challenges on the park without us making things more difficult for ourselves whether it be via player discipline or fan/player dissatisfaction.

Player
aldo
you look at accy they are one of only a very few E.F.L.clubs who make a proffit . there owner has done it the right way and fair on him , if we can keep the home avg around 7k/7500 then great but the main prob for us is the ground is to big for the fan base . but that.t another thing to think of . just lets get a few points on the board and calm things down a little . then all will be rosie.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Regarding the comments about budgets, I struggle to believe that we are in a worse position than the likes of Accrington, Burton, Rochdale, Fleetwood and Wimbledon who all had lower average attendances last season than we have sold season tickets for this season. The difference in TV/EFL cash between L1 and L2 is not massive and I'd be very surprised if these clubs (and most of the rest in the league) were running at a level of profit where all that cash is not being spent as it is earned. I guess that my point is we should not be writing ourselves off purely because we have a below average playing budget. We already have 2 "basket cases" in our league and there are always other clubs who implode along the way. If we keep our nerve, faith in our principles and discipline I am sure we are capable of retaining L1 status this season without financially overextending ourselves. To be honest, we shouldn't even be in this league and it was a major achievement that could not even be planned for. There are sufficient challenges on the park without us making things more difficult for ourselves whether it be via player discipline or fan/player dissatisfaction.
Burton had a couple of seasons in the ChampIonship and Fleetwood are heavily backed by Pilling and will have bigger budgets than us. Rochdale and Accy will be closer to us but will still have received millions more than us in central funding during our years in the National League.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I think you have to factor in that the clubs that ONIGP names haven’t been out of the league in recent years so have built up a nucleus of a squad fit for L1. We were operating with a largely NL squad last season and as Mark Palios commented in his programme article needed to make more squad changes than we’d been used to. In essence, this means that we might need to spend above those teams to get to their level this season.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
To stabilise a little we could do with a few seasons in this division. I'd be certainly happy with a place in division one next season but it ain't going to be pretty at times. I do also think we'll improve as the season goes on. MM and MP aren't daft and know what it takes to compete at this level. Get ready for the ride!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
A good set of results for us today and we remain in eighteenth place. Ipswich only put five past Bolton, which suggests our performance the other week was pretty good.