• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Rochdale

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Thanks for the insights RLC. The performance of Zoum and Gilmour very encouraging. Defensively I think we are as good as were going to be. Midfield might need some tinkering and of course the hole left up front that is hopefully being filled this week.

We are pretty much as good as ready in terms of the squad and fitness levels. Roll on next week!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I wouldn’t read too much into friendly results CK.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Let me have a think out loud then please do give me a slap and a shake.
I know we are where we are for a reason.
I am so grateful fate shined upon us last May.
I know we've been in a steady decline for years.
I love the buzz and general optimism that surrounds the club and we probably are in a "better place" as a football club than we've been for a long time.
But it just brings it home how much work needs to be done when we're losing games to Fleetwood and Dale, even in friendlies.
Will cheer myself up watching Wembley yet again.
11 weeks ago by the way ;)
It is better than losing games to Boreham Wood and Braintree CK.

I am actually going to watch the final again this week, to hype myself up in preparation for next Saturday.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Nothing is won/lost in pre-season friendlies. However, I share CKs views that there is much work still to be done. Fortunately the manager is aware of this and hopefully make further progress by the time of the season opener at Stevenage.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Sorry gents, my wife always tells me to look at my glass as being half full...not half empty as I always do!
And we could be Orient, Pools, Chesterfield.......
Stabilise this season and then onwards and upwards.

Player
aldo
whats with mm top lip looks like its been bleached . was watching his after match talk all i could do is look at his lip quite funney

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
whats with mm top lip looks like its been bleached . was watching his after match talk all i could do is look at his lip quite funney
That's what happens when you grow a moustache on holiday, spend two weeks in the sun and then decide to shave it off. Or maybe he put factor 50 just on his lip and nowhere else. ;)

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Seen the highlights. Gilmour's goal was the pick of the four, but some iffy defending for their first and lack of options led to Harris'poor back-pass for their second. A bit unlucky for the penalty. Don't think George was at fault for any of the goals, but he seemed to get easily downhearted.