• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Ravens

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Now and again you are going to get games where everything goes wrong. At least five bits of bad luck today and if any one had gone our way or we'd had another defender or midfielder on the bench, we might have held out.

I refuse to give up yet. There are still a lot of games left. Yes, it's Lincoln's title to lose but they could easily suffer some bad luck and have a wobble. We need to keep up the pressure. The next two league games and the Barrow cup-tie are pivotal to our season. If we come out of the unscathed, our run-in isn't too bad.

It's now that the benefit of a strong squad will be seen.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Norwood played better than of late and circumstances beyond his control meant that he ended up in central midfield. However, can't escape the fact he missed that one on one, to kill the game off Mangan was unusually quiet when he came on too.

While admiring BBTCs optimism and agreeing that the first half football was some at the best at PP for a while, Rovers are not keeping the pressure on others at the top. It will not only take a drastic improvement in our fortune, but major implosions in that of our rivals too for that to change. #resigned to playoffs

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
https://t.co/jzCuwgyxdH

This is the footage of the red card incident. I still don't believe it was a sending off, and the actions of the Bromley players have clearly influenced the referee's decision.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
That was an excellent tackle, cleanly got the ball and didn't go in with two feet off the ground.

Poor decision and poor sportsmanship from Bromley. Conned again..

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I think it's a harsh decision, but is there enough there to say the referee clearly got it wrong?

Have seen the goals footage now. The Bromley first saw Hughes beaten for pace and a good low cross attacked by their man running on. Had enough defenders in place but couldn't cut it out. Unsure, even with eleven and Ridehalgh at left-back, that we'd have kept it out.

The second was more defensible for me. There's a decent clearance from Tollit, but we didn't have a man up pressurising, so Bromley could sling the ball straight back in. There were opportunities to clear, perhaps Davies should have gone for the ball and Maynard could be tighter.

Our next 3 league games will be challenging. Eastleigh away, Forest Green home and Chester away. Not beyond belief that we win none of them which will put even play-off prospects in jeopardy.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
https://t.co/jzCuwgyxdH

This is the footage of the red card incident. I still don't believe it was a sending off, and the actions of the Bromley players have clearly influenced the referee's decision.
I posted this incident on a refereeing forum and have quoted a response below. The respondent froze the footage at 00.07

That is a nailed on red card. Off the ground, out of control, why players think they can tackle like that any more I just don't know.

Last edited:
Player
Manager
John King
I have seen loads of comments to the contrary and I don't think the footage is conclusive that both feet were off the ground. The left foot is planted from what I can see.

Regardless of that incident, if either of the other two contentious decisions go our way we win the game. Simples.

No use crying about it now, just need a win at Eastleigh next week while Lincoln are getting knocked out of the FA Cup by Burnley Reserves.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Or if Norwood converts the one on one..,

As you say, we move on. Personally I'd like Lincoln to manage a plucky draw at Burnley reserves.

M

Mal

I was going to say after the Chelmsford game that if Norwood had been on instead of Kirby, the one on ones would have been missed. Think there is a confidence issue.

As for the red, I think hell will freeze over before they consider rescinding it.

What annoys me is the inconsistency. Last year, at Braintree, their number 4 committed tackles far worse than Buxton's, leaving a player limping, yet not even a yellow. And in games I have seen this season, many bad tackles have been ignored.

Most annoying was Chester getting a red during the last 10 minutes or so when 2-1 up against Dagenham.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
That is a nailed on red card. Off the ground, out of control, why players think they can tackle like that any more I just don't know.
Two feet not off the ground. In control as his foot gets to the ball and hits it out for a throw in. Player walked away unscathed. It looked bad because of the speed he went into the tackle but it was a great solid tackle. Players and refs need to man up a little.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Ian, that's the guidance officials are given. Personally I agree it seems harsh, but there is also a time when players should use their noddle and not give the referee a decision to make.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Fair enough..

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
A good away win for Braintree at Eastleigh tonight. The latter are a far cry from the ugly yet competitive side they were last season. A must win game for us and one we should be capable of on Saturday.

A good win for guiseley against Sutton with Rooney getting the winner and a certain Jake Cassidy getting the first.

Player
Manager
John King
Only one win in ten games now for Eastleigh. I still think they will be ugly though, Allen's teams always are. However, as Sparky says it is absolutely vital that we win the game. With the Boreham Wood fixture rearranged for next Tuesday, we have an opportunity to make up some ground on the leaders in the next couple of weeks.

drwhoman

I have realised that we have the meanest defence in the NL - only 26 conceded. Shame our strikers are so out of form. I would not pick either Norwood or Mangan on Saturday. Kirby behind Cook with Dunn and Tollitt out wide.
Also, I wonder if Sutton was injured last week? It seems odd that he was not at least the bench if Big Mac had just been ill. He and Ihweike would have done a decent job against a team like Bromley.

Player
Manager
John King
Norwood actually had his best game for a while on Saturday and I would start him again at Eastleigh. He linked up really well with Cook at times.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Eastleigh haven't won this year and seem to have undergone a lot of change on the playing staff as well as 'Mad Dog' Allen in charge. He always seems to get his sides fired up against us, the Notts County side that won 0-1 at PP when they were in a relegation battle set the gold standard for cynical cheating by an opponent. The Eastleigh side of last season came close though.

BorehamWood not happy about the re-scheduling of their game and talking about being unable to field a full strength side. Will be interesting to see who turns up on the night, but definitely a game I'll miss now.