• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

EFL Trophy Rovers v Posh Pizza Cup

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Hill level with lincoln now, has the draw already been made ?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think so as they were mentioning possible teams we would play if we won and Lincoln etc..

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
What do I know?!

A very good performance by Rovers, especially in the second half, where the visitors seemed to offer less when some of the Posh big guns were called into action. Some imaginative deployment of players as mentioned, extending to youngster Kyle Hayde going into midfield, when coming on as a sub. There were a lot of good performances and some of the fringe players doing their cause no harm with tonight's showing. It will be quite a tough team selection for Keith at the weekend.

Last edited:
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I remember the Rochdale supporters commenting that Hill likes to use players out of position.

MacDonald at right back did not work (!) but Keith's other surprise deployments have been extremely effective (Kahn at right back, Lewis up front, O'Connor in midfield).

Player
aldo
5 home wins in a row 7 games unbeaten and only 4 points off the top of the LG, oh Lloyd has 5 in 11 games he is bang in form, Lewis has now got 4 so the goals are being spread around and that's what Hill keeps saying he wants is goals all over the park with Woolery also on 5 now its all good more the merrier

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
That was probably the best Lewis has played for us I reckon. He always works hard but got his goal tonight and linked up really well

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I’m made up with tonight’s win but a tad bittersweet as if we win the semi, fans won’t get to Prenton Park South....
If we win the semi, I’d expect the EFL to delay the game until crowds are allowed back, unless there is another lockdown. But let’s see what happens in the semi.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
When I saw the side we were putting out, I thought we’d get a typical Peterborough thrashing. The fact that we won with a patchwork team does great credit to Keith and his squad. Morale must be sky high at Prenton Park. That performance even ranks ahead of the Maidstone game in 2017, as this one had something at stake. I’m a very proud fan tonight.

Player
ian goodison
seems to me the squad are buying into the management team no one sulking just giving KH a major headache & what a position to be in glad I don't have to pick the team, chuffed to bits at the moment.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy

Player
aldo
I am a proud fan tonight, I am sick and tired of getting 5 put past us by this lot and we beat them with most of the first team rested i am a happy bunny ROCK & ROLL on to Saturday bring it on lads

Player
aldo
I want us to be the fittest team in LG 2, I like that he is talking sense good on him, and it's showing in the results.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I don't hold much hope for CBT for the rest of the season based on that rather sketchy answer.

Player
aldo
thats what hill wants and if it gets us up I don,t care, like in my job when I work please got Let me go back the Wife is doing my head in the 4 th October is when we stopped just want to go back please, we run like f%&k and work our balls off for each other if they don't they get told to go and we get someone who will do it that's it end of if they don,t like it I don,t care it is my team perform or get lost

Player
aldo
The last two things never a pen but what an amazing fkn cross for the second goal I love tonight we did the POSH ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh and sleep

Shovelman123

Player
Liam ridehalgh
The last two things never a pen but what an amazing fkn cross for the second goal I love tonight we did the POSH ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh and sleep
Well done lads one of the best games I’ve watched for a long time

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It’s Lincoln, Sunderland or Oxford in the semis. All tough League One sides, but so was Peterborough.