• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Pool

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
No pattern to our play, Micky needs to think our set up and how we play its clearly not working

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Mcmananan on for Maynard. Clearly Micky doesn’t fancy glatzel as a centre forward.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Micky's tactics are not working again
Yes the amount of balls across our own box shows the 5 at the back hasn’t worked. We’re lucky they don’t have a goal poacher

Reactions: Ian

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Yes the amount of balls across our own box shows the 5 at the back hasn’t worked. We’re lucky they don’t have a goal poacher
That's what concerns me Micky can't see the blindingly obvious

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Daylight robbery? Think Rovers got lucky today but hope MM doesn’t stick with that line-up again.

Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
It is what it is, football’s full of hard luck stories. Just celebrate the goal and the three points. We had enough of our own chances second half to negate it being a smash and grab. Let your hair down, I am. Self-belief’s what’s needed right now and that’ll do no harm.

• Haha
Reactions: Boz

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Absolutely daylight robbery boz. For 75 mins I thought we were second best and would have taken a point. The back 5 didn’t work and if they had a decent striker they would have won 2-0 or
3-0.
The introduction of hawkes gave us some energy and his corner was headed in by Davies to seal the win. Before that we’d had some efforts from distance but I feared it was too little too late
MOM for me was Davies for a clean sheet and getting the winner but cogley was excellent also. The sponsors choice of Duffy was surely a bit of a joke as he offered nothing all game and was caught in possession by their intense pressing.

still some concerns. Again we’ve not scored in open play and Maynard looks off the pace. Nevitt worked very hard but we’re still not going to score enough goals I fear. Early days though with the new signings so I won’t be too critical. Hawkes looks exciting and hopefully Walker is too.

Reactions: Boz
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think I must have been at a different game to most of the posters above. I think we fully deserved the victory.

I thought for 60-70 minutes it was a midfield stalemate, with both teams matched up in a 532 formation and neither side creating clear chances. However, we looked better in the final third than we did last week, and defensively we were solid. I don't think Murphy had a save to make and Hartlepool's real chance against the post came from their right back.

It was the strength of our bench that won us the game. Hartlepool lost their attacking threat when Burey was substituted, whereas MacManaman and Hawkes improved us significantly and we were well on top in the final twenty minutes. The goal was not a complete surprise when it came.

Individually, I thought Nevitt's hold up play and workrate was impressive, and there were signs of an understanding developing with Maynard, who I thought looked sharp, with some intelligent movement at times. Davies was solid defensively, and actually had our two best chances in the ninety minutes, but I thought Cogley was man of the match: he never stopped running and was our biggest attacking threat down the right, and defensively was also very good, with some great covering and recovery runs.

I think Mellon's tactics were fully vindicated: keep it tight against a team in much better form, and then bring the ammunition on late in the game to secure the three points.

Player
Manager
John King
It is what it is, football’s full of hard luck stories. Just celebrate the goal and the three points. We had enough of our own chances second half to negate it being a smash and grab. Let your hair down, I am. Self-belief’s what’s needed right now and that’ll do no harm.
It was not a smash and grab.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
We’ll have to agree to disagree RLC and that’s what makes football a great game as people have different opinions from watching the same game

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I just felt first half we had no tempo or obvious pace apart from cogley. Maynard, Nevitt, Duffy are all fairly slow. The strikers were feeding off scraps and it almost looked a defensive set up. Morris totally unsuited to wing back and they got in behind him and NKP on numerous occasions. Thankfully it didn’t matter

Player
Manager
John King
The first half was not great to watch, but as I have said, I think it was basically a stalemate because both sides matched up in a 532 and there was no space in midfield. Yes, they got in down our left side because Morris is not a wing back, but there was never anything on the end of the deliveries.

overthewater

Player
chris malkin
Nothing beats scoring a winner at the death, but the worrying thing about the previous 89 minutes was the lack of pace in the side. We'll get better as the new lads bed in but without being able to move up the pitch quicker chances will continue to be hard to create. Cogley's runs on the right really highlighted how little we created elsewhere. Duffy's tendency to turn back every time rather than drive forward was infuriating. Nevitt battled hard and I liked his attitude

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
We’ll have to agree to disagree RLC and that’s what makes football a great game as people have different opinions from watching the same game
Will be interesting to see which way Mickey sees it as he tends to give an assessment

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Awful first half with little attacking threat and a host of chances for the visitors who looked like they also could do with a fox in the box. Game changed when we brought subs on. Good last 20 minutes of attacking play and goal deserved.

I thought Duffy was Ok in general. Some good ball work although Maynard a bit quiet. Difficult first game for him though as didn’t see much of the ball in the first half.

If Mickys plan was to sit tight and attack them late on then it worked to perfection.

A goal, three points and a clean sheet. Can’t be bad.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We were poor, there is no pattern to our play, we have no pace and frankly our tactics and formation was poor.
We got away with it against a poor team who to be fair deserved a point. As I said earlier what really concerns me is that Micky seems not to be able to see what is clearly not working.
I am made up with the win but concerned big time about how the team is set up and is playing