• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Pompey

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Pompey if they win will equal a 1920 club record 9 consecutive wins.
That means that they are in better form than when they were League champions in 48/49 nd 49/50 :eek:

Player
aldo
yes they did and they changed there manager . but had the same players . as a Freind said to me it could be one of those games that set to upset the odds . a sneaky 1-0 win . its going to be tough but we have to break the run some where

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
yes they did and they changed there manager . but had the same players . as a Freind said to me it could be one of those games that set to upset the odds . a sneaky 1-0 win . its going to be tough but we have to break the run some where
They did not actually. They changed manager the previous November, before they fell to the bottom of the table.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Reading White Review is getting so depressing. Everyone is so negative, as if we are already down and nothing can save us. I’ll bet Micky and his playing staff aren’t so pessimistic. Certainly the Palioses aren’t or they would not have made the recent investment.
We are still in with a fighting chance. The problem is the number of injuries is making it difficult to get a settled team, given that we also have had to blend in almost half a team of new players. Micky also has to decide on the best formation.
We need to change the momentum to get the next goal, the next win. Then get a run going. This is what happened a year ago when six wins got us into the playoffs. That may be unlikely this time, but even a modest string of results could be enough.
Portsmouth’s recent run makes them hot favourites, but what better time to turn the tide?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Bbtc, the problem is not just the defeats it is the manner of the defeats, we have hardly looked like scoring in the last 3 or 4 games

Player
Manager
John King
Bbtc, the problem is not just the defeats it is the manner of the defeats, we have hardly looked like scoring in the last 3 or 4 games
I think the point he is making is that, as bad as we are at the moment, form can change quickly in football and we have more capable players in the squad now than we did in August.

I am not saying it will happen, but with an atmosphere of relentless negativity it certainly won't happen (cf. the tweet by the supporters' club today).

Player
aldo
ok then chaps ive told work im not there tomoz i am going in my speedos tomorrow and i an going to sing from start to finish . lets get the positive vibes back . i think we will holt them 1-0 and if they do i will run to birkenhead in my speedoes and trainers and nothing else

Player
aldo
i will do it if it cheers up the white army the lads need us from the off . thats all we can do then its over to them

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
You wouldn’t find me in speedos in the summer nevermind in the middle of Feb!

Player
aldo
oh just an update on the foodie . had a real posh do tonight . and they can,t get enough of the stuff . also been told our food is some of the best they had in 65 years eating at sporting venues . . we have had an amazing year this is why ive missed so much footie . not that im missing much . and we are only getting more busy so will be missing even more than b4 .. i might have to get help with my agony of not seeing my beloved rovers as much could be the first time in 40 years where i go only 1 game and that was Coventry at home and that was sh%t oh well to feed the thousands

Player
ian goodison
dreading the atmosphere if we produce a performance like Tuesday still in the past we save ourselves for the big games so touch wood 1-0 to us

Player
aldo
looks a more balanced side with some pace and some lads who can at least get a cross in . will prob message around 4 ish as my wedding is starting soon . nice pink roast rib of beef chaps . home made yorkies and duck fat roat pots yum

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Another puzzling line-up from MM. It’s starting to feel like Mickey Adams all over again, with the randomness of the selections. Why Ray ahead of Nelson or Rides in central defence given George’s previous failings? Midfield looks a bit lightweight though glad Corey’s back hopefully to give some decent ball to Cookie. Not hopeful, be delighted to get proved wrong.

Player
Manager
John King
Not puzzling to me. We need to create more and we have gone with two wide men and two strikers, McCullough and Woodyard to protect the defence.

Player
Manager
John King
Another puzzling line-up from MM. It’s starting to feel like Mickey Adams all over again, with the randomness of the selections. Why Ray ahead of Nelson or Rides in central defence given George’s previous failings? Midfield looks a bit lightweight though glad Corey’s back hopefully to give some decent ball to Cookie. Not hopeful, be delighted to get proved wrong.
Depends how Ray and Nelson have fared in training and your comparison to Adams is pretty insulting.