• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Oxford

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yep. Where was the fight? How many of those players actually give a sh#t?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I think the likes of Fonners, Max, Hume etc whilst having affection for the club will already be thinking about where they will be playing next season.

Comments on the o/s from Alan Rogers at mickeys request. No mention of a resignation but Rogers, as an ex defender, needs to look at himself.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think one of the many mistakes made by Adams was not having a decent, experienced number two alongside him. Rogers and Shuker are both effectively trainees when it comes to coaching and management and I am sure they have not given Adams the advice he has needed. An example of Adams' over-confidence or complacency in thinking he could do it all alone perhaps.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It's difficult to write anything original or not completely obvious. It's almost all been said. Micky will be hurting more than anyone, but he must have known his management was not working and should have swallowed his pride and gone weeks ago. Perhaps he came back too soon after his traumas at Port Vale. But it's too late to change much. What's needed is a motivator. Maybe Les Parry or Mark Palios himself. Something different. It's now two from three, but we are all so bad I think no team deserves to stay up. This year will probably see the lowest points total needed to stay in the league.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The misery may be over next week if Hartlepool win at home as I can't see us picking up anything at Plymouth.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Spot on Mal, gone "by mutual consent". Rogers and Garnett in charge for final 2 games. Had to happen after yesterday's shameful result.

M

Mal

Yes, and despite my original assertion he should have been given fresh start at Tranmere next season, i now think I was wrong. He clearly has lost his motivational mojo and needs a rest away from football for a while. Ironically, though, his leaving may motivate the players against Plymouth and Bury. I notice that ex-Tranmere players helped their clubs in the automatic promotion race yesterday. Akins and Lowe. And Akpro has been doing his bit.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It had to happen, not just because of yesterday's shambles but the generally shocking displays of the last three months. I don't think Rogers should still be here either to be honest; I would rather Garnett was in sole charge for the final two games.

If it genuinely was a 'mutual' decision, fair play to Palios for finally acting, if a little late. For the long term future of the club we have to hope this episode has not soured relations between Palios and the supporters too greatly, as the club still desperately needs his assistance.

M

Mal

I still think Palios is good for the club, even if we are relegated. The rot is entrenched in the club psyche as demonstrated by the failure of so many managers after King. I think Palios will oversee animprovementlong term.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Agree about Rogers RLC but at least it's something. If we pull of a win at Plymouth it may prove to be a sound move. It's win or bust really. Fingers crossed the lads can do it. Wonder what XI we'll see next week?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It would take a miracle to stay up even now, but under Adams it was impossible. At least we now have a chance. All I ask is that the two men now in charge get the players to show some of the pride and passion they showed when they wore the shirt. The atmosphere in training should be different this week. Let's hope the players get enough of a lift to perform well. Neither match is easy, but both are winnable.

Reactions: Ian

drwhoman

I agree BBTC. Pick a team committed to the cause for a start. Laird and Koumas first picks in midfield and Hill at left back. If anyone is not up for it then they should just go. On that point, I assume Chris Shuker has also gone? Plymouth will not have much to play for although it has never been a Rovers happy hunting ground.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I assume just MA has gone. I thought Shuker might stay as an ex-Rover. I wouldn't put a penny on us staying up but I wouldn't bet on us going down. All three teams are total cr*p. My Luton supporting friend told me sarcastically that Hartlepool made Luton look good yesterday and they are favourites to stay up.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I agree BBTC. Pick a team committed to the cause for a start. Laird and Koumas first picks in midfield and Hill at left back. If anyone is not up for it then they should just go. On that point, I assume Chris Shuker has also gone? Plymouth will not have much to play for although it has never been a Rovers happy hunting ground.

Plymouth are in the last play off place on goal difference so will have everything to play for

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Garnett has understandably been mentioning 1987 and all that - but we're down. It's far too late unfortunately.

The problem is that like Bradford on the last day of last season - it's not in our own hands.

Reactions: Ian
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I notice that ex-Tranmere players helped their clubs in the automatic promotion race yesterday. Akins and Lowe. And Akpro has been doing his bit.
Yes, and players we released for not being good enough for us are helping Burton get promoted (Weir and McGurk) and have got Inverness Caledonian into the Scottish Cup final (Raven).

drwhoman

Always comes down to the overall quality of the player squad and the Manager's ability to harness their ability. For a number of years the quality of the Rovers playing group has been mixed due to financial constraints and this has made it hard for all our recent Managers. The need to heavily rely on loanees often for short periods has not helped either team spirit or tactical continuity. Thus, individual players can do well when they leave Rovers and join a stronger squad with a more settled team environment. That said there are many other players who leave and are never seen again!

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Plymouth are in the last play off place on goal difference so will have everything to play for

They also got beat on Saturday and have had a rollicking in the press from their manager. Everything is against us :(

Oh, and I agree we should never have let McGurk go either.

Hate to say it but I'll almost be glad if we get relegated at Plymouth, I'm away on a dads and lads football tour on the bank holiday weekend and it'll ruin it if we go down on the last day.