• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Oxford

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
When Adams took over, I'd mentally earmarked this as the game when we'd secure our L2 future. Instead, it's very much last chance saloon for Rovers and most of us can't see a side who haven't won back to back games or at home for 2 months to suddenly manage to turn things round.

We beat Oxford, slightly fortunately at PP in aCup replay. A similar result is a must. No idea if we can keep the hope going here.I'm a little wary of the discounted entry fee as whenever we've done similar schemes in the past, the side have underperformed before a larger audience. Heaven knows what depths could be plumbed with the current side underperforming!

Team selection; I'd keep Hill at left-back otherwise defence as before. Drop Myrie-Williams, who was apparently gutless at Mansfield and look at bringing Koumas into the side. Odejayi and Hume up front.

Prediction: Might attract a crowd of around 7k with the discounted tickets. Hope they get to watch a Rovers side who rediscover some backbone.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
As Boz suggests, JMW is not the player you want when ur down and the bottom and needing to battle. I suspect when micky went up with Vale he was great, but we need more characters in the side.

I too would go with Hume and Kayode up top.

We must, more than ever, get behind the lads as I think most agree, if we lose this we're doomed.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Surely we must be due a win soon. I've said for the last few months it will go down to the last game so I'm going to say 2-1 win. However MA needs to start with some flair and he has said we need to attack from the off so like Boz suggests I would stick with Hill who is a decent full back and start with Hume and Odejayi up front.

We really have nothing to lose here. This is our best chance of closing the gap with Hartlepool and Cheltenham away from home. Attack attack attack!!

Player
Goodison
I'd go for

OFW

Holmes Donacien Ikeiwhe (or Goodison from the stand) Taylor

Jago Laird Jennings Molyneux

Odajayi Donnelly

I personally think it's all over and can't wait to see the back of most, if not all, of this disgusting bunch of players and management.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
I'd go:
OFW
Holmes, Donacien, Iheikwe, Hill
Laird, Koumas, Jennings, Power
Hume, Donnelly

Subs: Brazovan, Thompson, Odejayi, Ridehalgh, Kirby, Myre-Williams, Omotola

A win 2-0, and the fight goes on! SWA

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We haven't kept a clean sheet in 3 months not scored last 3 games going for yet another defeat 1 0

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I would go with the team French Rover suggests above, save for perhaps having Thompson at centre back ahead of Ihiekwe. Just to echo some of the comments above, I read a post on a Port Vale forum recently stating that Taylor and JMW, while excellent in their promotion team, are hardly two players you would bring in to a relegation threatened side.

Although we knocked them out of the cup, Oxford were probably better than us in the previous meetings between the two sides and are currently in decent form. Due to the significance of the game a lot of people seem to think we will finally win tomorrow, but I am not convinced. I still think we might be relegated at Plymouth. I hope I am wrong.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I do think we need to be at least leading at half time otherwise we'll see the usual panic with 10-15 mins to go.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Any win will do. Even if we are leading at half-time, that's no guarantee we'll win. In fact, if we are leading too early, we tend to try to defend the lead and drop back too deeply. Staying up will require at least two wins with Pools and Cheltenham continuing to struggle. Looking at recent performances and results, I can't see how things can change, but I live in hope, albeit faint. Tomorrow genuinely is a "must win" game, as we are two points adrift and we have home advantage whereas our rivals are away. It's desperate.

M

Mal

Oh well, looks like my 'give MA a chance for next season' is a bit dumb.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Well that's it......we're down.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded after that showing. The players and the manager will both think the same.

Too angry to comment any further.

Player
Manager
John King
Well, try and take anything positive from that. Heartbreaking.

Adams out, now, and his useless mates can follow shortly.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Pathetic, lifeless display. We deserve to go down but remarkably we all lost today. Can't see us scoring again this season nevermind winning though. We are truly awful.

Player
Manager
John King
It is rumoured now that Adams has quit. I hope so, as this club has to get some respect back for the final two games.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I hope so RLC but fear its too little too late. He's jumping a sinking ship but he should have gone weeks ago.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
What was that second half display? I thought we did ok in the first half but it was so easy for Oxford to score. And what was JMW doing? Clean on goal and couldn't get a shot in. Not fit to wear the shirt.

Not over yet but we need something drastic to happen for the last two games. Hope your right RLC otherwise we are doomed.

Player
Manager
John King
I hope so RLC but fear its too little too late. He's jumping a sinking ship but he should have gone weeks ago.

I know we are going down Sparky, but I at least want to see some pride and professionalism in the last two games. It is not too much to ask.

In response to Ian, that second half was the biggest spineless shambles I have seen in 30 years of watching Rovers. Ninety per cent of those players can do one at the end of the season. I never usually condone supporters having a go at players and managers during a game, but today the criticism was fully justified. We have seen too much utter garbage this season.

M

Mal

It may be a complete rumour but someone told me they have heard Micky has walked, so to speak. Guess we will see.