• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Orient

Rovers v Orient
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, December 18, 2021 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, December 18, 2021 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Boz, I fully understand your point. Also, why should clubs whose players keep themselves safe by making personal sacrifices lose out to teams who carry on as normal?

However, I don't see how a circuit breaker would work. The virus would continue to spread.
The most important point is the last point you made and for me you are correct

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I have now seen the highlights. Unfortunately, Quest did not use the reduced schedule to show more of our game, so it was just as difficult to make any judgements as usual. I was interested to know how we coped in the middle of the park without the usual advanced midfielders. Presumably Morris was on the right wing. Did we adopt more of a route one approach and by-pass midfield? I winced when I first saw the teamsheet and was relieved we came away with the points.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I have now seen the highlights. Unfortunately, Quest did not use the reduced schedule to show more of our game, so it was just as difficult to make any judgements as usual. I was interested to know how we coped in the middle of the park without the usual advanced midfielders. Presumably Morris was on the right wing. Did we adopt more of a route one approach and by-pass midfield? I winced when I first saw the teamsheet and was relieved we came away with the points.

We certainly did in the first half but not so much in the second.
I felt O'Connor found it difficult to impose himself on the game in the first half while Spearing played his normal game. There was a tendency from the central pair to play the ball back, rather than look for the attacking outlet and Orient then pressed meaning the defence had no option but to go long. Don't know if there was something said or minor tweaks to the tactics, but Lee had a much better game after the break as did Macdonald, who was very nervy first half. Morris was right-wing, not his best position, but did enough to get the sponsors MoM.

Player
aldo
I Loved the Reaction of Daws & Parky also MM and the Bench you can see the Team Spirit,just love it

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I felt O'Connor found it difficult to impose himself on the game in the first half while Spearing played his normal game. There was a tendency from the central pair to play the ball back, rather than look for the attacking outlet and Orient then pressed meaning the defence had no option but to go long. Don't know if there was something said or minor tweaks to the tactics, but Lee had a much better game after the break as did Macdonald, who was very nervy first half. Morris was right-wing, not his best position, but did enough to get the sponsors MoM.
I thought the defence went long even when they were not under pressure in the first half and O'Connor's distribution was poor. His passing is the weakest aspect of his game.