• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Orient

Rovers v Orient
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, December 18, 2021 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, December 18, 2021 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
There is no indication yet that this game will be postponed, so fingers crossed..... In the event that it does go ahead, what a great opportunity to make ground on our rivals, with the majority of the top seven not in action. A victory will almost certainly take us to fourth or fifth position.

Aside from any Covid cases, Orient will be without the influential Darren Pratley in midfield. I expect Rovers will line up with exactly the same personnel and formation as at Exeter last week, and the players will surely be motivated to avenge the thrashing a fortnight ago.

I expect a much tighter game this time around, with Orient having drawn the majority of their away matches, and there is no reason why we can't pick up three points.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It will be a difficult one to call, as there may be Covid absentees we haven’t yet heard about.

No matter, I think this will be a tough game. I’ll be as relieved as I am pleased if we keep our winning run going, but I think we won’t.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Tough game although we are playing well at the moment and confidence is up after some hard fought league wins recently. I expect more from Rovers this time and with the home advantage, we've got a great chance of getting three points.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Tough game but there away form is poor, fancy a win 2 1

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Tough game but there away form is poor, fancy a win 2 1
Fancy a win as well. Traveled down so hoping for no last minute postponement. Once is irritating, twice would be bloody annoying.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Foley doesn’t feature at all, injured or covid, so O’Connor comes in. Very cold day, looks like a few have stayed away. No idea how this will go, but the Os seem to have a few players absent which may help Rovers.

Just seen Orient line-up. Both strikers Smith and Drinan play but they’re only able to name 4 subs.

Last edited:
Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
0-0, walking down now, its bloody chily out there, wrap up warm with your thermals and trench coats, hot water bottles, hand watrmers and a huge warm blanket, dont forget your hip flask!

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Very much second best after the first 10 minutes.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Poor half only 1 attempt on target happy we not behind they are quicker stronger and better passing team, may need change system

Outoftowner

Player
Chris Merrie
Manager
Micky Mellon
Complete shyte !

I don’t think O’Conner has touched the ball once in that first half wtf is he supposed to be doing ?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Agreed chaps. Not a great half. Need a lot more in the second half although Hawkes has been decent and was unlucky not to score before HT.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
2 defensive midfielders not working not is Morris wide right

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Bright opening 5 minutes and Hawkes good effort at the end of the half, but in between it’s been all Orient.

Main problem in central midfield, where think I’d bring Watson on as he’s more of a physical presence. Given some of the strange decisions from the referee and assistants, maybe a dubious penalty to the Os ahead…

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Orient not afraid to take a booking! 3 cynical challenges this half!