• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Orient

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Leyton Orient

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Orient
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - 07:00 PM
Until: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It is a big couple of weeks coming up for Jacko and the club.

We have come through a difficult period of tricky matches, injuries and disruption from Covid, but the next few games are winnable and we now have to start putting some points on the board. I would say we need a minimum of four points, but ideally six, from the next two home games and we should aim to be established in the top half of the table in three to four weeks time.

Orient have had a patchy start to the season and their squad looks pretty average on paper, albeit ex-Rover Danny Johnson has been prolific in recent games.

In terms of selection, I think Smith and Young may both start, with Woolery perhaps rested and Banks left out.

We need three points.

Last edited:

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We will win this 2 1 Smith Young & Feeney for me to start for Lewis Banks & Khan.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I remain positive and assume we will have the semblance of a team with at least one recognised striker. If so, I predict a squeaky 2-1 win.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Absolutely no idea re result. After an excellent performance against Salford with a bare bones side to an awful one against Newport with a much stronger side which wasn't as far off first choice as some suggest I don't have a clue what Tranmere side will turn up! Assume Young will start in place of Lewis (if red not overturned) or Banks if it is with Smith starting and maybe Woolery in behind. Maybe also Ellis in for Monthe and might CBT be fit enough for the bench?
As RLC says we do need to make the most of these home games and yes I agree we need 4 points minimum from them.

Last edited:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The team has to start clicking at some point and it's been a bit hit and miss with the performances for various reasons. Let's hope it's on Tues night. We need to be positive, get at them and hopefully score a few goals. I'm going for a 2-0 win.

Player
aldo
some of the players will be back as they must be coming to the end of two weeks away at least they will be rested so saying there tired and all that hoping smith and young will play Feeney I would take care of him over the next few games they do rush players back these days it takes longer than just a few weeks to get over hamstring injuries.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I have no idea, who's likely to be available, but it doesn't sound like we have greatly increased options from the weekend; new loanee Smith and one other, while Lewis is banned. Both sides are in a run of patchy form. While it would be good to get another win under our belts, don't have much confidence after the Newport showing. Haven't seen or heard enough of the last couple of games to have a strong opinion on the starting xi. Has Monthe been so bad that having 2 right-footed central defenders is an improvement?

Player
Manager
John King
Monthe was terrible on Saturday but I think he had formed a good partnership with Clarke prior to that game. There is not much pace or mobility at the back without him and I am not sure I would drop him on the strength of one bad match.

Perhaps his head was not in the right place because of the passing of the transfer deadline on Friday.

Reactions: Boz

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
You have to remember these aren't top level players. I think we just have to accept they will all have bad games from time to time. Chopping people here and there after a bad game will get us nowhere. Monthe and Clarke are a decent pairing and it's not really the defence we have a problem with in general.

ADD

Player
Norwood
You have to remember these aren't top level players. I think we just have to accept they will all have bad games from time to time. Chopping people here and there after a bad game will get us nowhere. Monthe and Clarke are a decent pairing and it's not really the defence we have a problem with in general.
That's a fair point Ian re consistency. All I would say though is as the Newport manger said after the match that they also were targetting our "weakness" at set plays suggesting that many teams were also doing so. For me Ellis is better in that regard clearance heading wise as we saw with Monthe Saturday and I would have him and Ellis on balance but not much in it.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Re players’ reactions, I am always annoyed when pros collapse and sometimes lie motionless after being struck by an opponent. It’s a clear trick to attract attention and get their opponent sent off. Very few fouls would cause that. In nearly every case, they are up and running with no problem once the red card has come out. It’s cynical and as much a simulation as the dives in the penalty area that now get yellow cards.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Re players’ reactions, I am always annoyed when pros collapse and sometimes lie motionless after being struck by an opponent. It’s a clear trick to attract attention and get their opponent sent off. Very few fouls would cause that. In nearly every case, they are up and running with no problem once the red card has come out. It’s cynical and as much a simulation as the dives in the penalty area that now get yellow cards.
It infuriates me. Clear cheating to gain an advantage. What ever happened to booking the player for simulation or whatever they call it? Some of the diving, cheating, playacting is embarrassing to watch at times.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Programme for tonight’s game.

Attachments

• tranmere_leytonorient_20102020_compressed.pdf
    5.1 MB · Views: 248
Last edited:
Player
Manager
John King
Smith, Feeney, Ellis and Murphy all start. Looks like a 4231 with Smith up front.

Young not on bench, perhaps carrying a knock, and neither is Monthe. Interesting that Murphy is preferred to Davis.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Smith, Feeney, Ellis and Murphy all start. Looks like a 4231 with Smith up front.

Young not on bench, perhaps carrying a knock, and neither is Monthe. Interesting that Murphy is preferred to Davis.
At a guess davies only just returned to training.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Team is lacking in pace though with injuries/covid cant do anything about it

Hopefully we will play ar a decent tempo and have a good go at them.