• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Orient

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Leyton Orient

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Orient
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - 07:00 PM
Until: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
aldo
question is is Jacko out of his LG. I am glad I am not wasting at the moment I would hate it. I love my club I love my football I hate watching crap we never seem to learn we never have a pace we always give stupid goals away to set pieces and dumb freekicks I am ranting I am frustrated and I hate everything at the moment so say the least I am no happy in life and with the god dame football

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Jacko putting a lot of it down to Lack of match fitness And sharpness. He does have a bit of a point to be fair. Feeney, Woolery have been injured. Smith has only just joined. Banks looks cumbersome but that’s the way he is I guess. Vaughan, CBT and Ferrier all missing. So maybe we should be a bit more forgiving at the moment.

that said, we were terrible tonight

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Jacko putting a lot of it down to Lack of match fitness And sharpness. He does have a bit of a point to be fair. Feeney, Woolery have been injured. Smith has only just joined. Banks looks cumbersome but that’s the way he is I guess. Vaughan, CBT and Ferrier all missing. So maybe we should be a bit more forgiving at the moment.

I'm generally smpathetic to managers but I think that is BS to be honest.

Orient have also come through a Covid outbreak and made four changes tonight, with the players coming in presumably lacking fitness / sharpness. It did not unduly affect their performance.

Plus, the concern is not just sharpness or running. It is the complete lack of organisation of the team and the absence of a proper game plan.

And where was the lack of fitness / Covid issue in the Cheltenham game where we were equally abysmal ?

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
I'm generally smpathetic to managers but I think that is BS to be honest.

Orient have also come through a Covid outbreak and made four changes tonight, with the players coming in presumably lacking fitness / sharpness. It did not unduly affect their performance.

Plus, the concern is not just sharpness or running. It is the complete lack of organisation of the team and the absence of a proper game plan.

And where was the lack of fitness / Covid issue in the Cheltenham game where we were equally abysmal ?
Totally agree that it is just a smokescreen of an excuse by Jacko. There is little evidence of a game plan and even less of players who want to compete hard throughout the 90minutes. Never going to win consistently with only 5/6 showing up in games. Nelson was only on briefly and out of position - but at least he showed he wanted to compete. Hopefully we can select a few more who will show similar desire.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
This makes Saturday's home game against bottom of the table Southend United the most important game of the season so far. They are clearly the worst of a lot of poor teams in this division. Mike has three days to put the team on an upward path after two shocking displays. He is running out of excuses. Yes, we have been missing some of our key players, but our best results have come sometimes when we have had the most players unavailable. It's baffling.

I haven't given up on him yet. He still can turn it around, but he needs to show more organisation and his players more spirit and invention.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir

That is not an excuse for the performance, lack of any idea what we are trying to do how we are trying to play, it was totally clueless and we made them look class.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Poor excuse really, nobody’s buying into that one. Roll on Saturday!

ADD

Player
Norwood
Made a great decision not to waste £10 on that. Made a terrible decision not to check the forum before watching it for free this morning!
With the exception of Murphy, Ellis, Clarke and Nelson when he came on the players were woeful but there must be more to it than that. These players have clearly not bought into the style of play or else are completely at sea about what Jackson is doing tactics wise or maybe they realise he is out of his depth and have given up playing for him?
I mean what is he playing at? Started Banks who was terrible Saturday and dropped Khan instead. Started Smith and gave him no support whatsoever, went one down and then brought on a defender! Had Burton on the bench who has pace and left him sat there despite creating nothing.
Southend a crunch game for me. If we lose it surely MP would have to act as we cannot go on like this or we will soon be in deep trouble.

Player
aldo
if we lose on Saturday. then we really are in the sh%t. i wont be paying for it not with what's being served up at the mo

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I didn’t notice last night but a few people saying on social media That with 10 minutes to go there was some sort of break in play and the players got drinks by the bench.

Jacko didn’t say a word to them.

could be nothing but a bit worrying if true. Did he not have any answers?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
One thing I did notice particularly first half that for their corners we had all 11 players defending in our own box. If that doesn’t show Jacko may be too cautious then nothing will

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
When Micky left, the early favourite from within was Parky. Did he apply in the end? Can't help thinking that he could have been a better option, done a few years managing at youth level.

We didn't manage to beat Southend last season, but if we've to have a chance this game, then MJ must set us up in a more positive formation.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
One thing I did notice particularly first half that for their corners we had all 11 players defending in our own box. If that doesn’t show Jacko may be too cautious then nothing will
Yeah. All part of his baffling decision making. If we don’t get a win on Saturday, there will be a social media meltdown! Is Vaughan back for Sat? As he could be the one to rescue him from this mess. He’s certainly the only one capable of scoring goals in this system.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Vaughan is back in training on Thursday but Jacko has the dilemma that he hasn’t left his house for 2 weeks so will have lost some fitness. Does he start him, hope he scores and we can take him off when the game is won? Or is it too much of a risk and he’ll either contribute nothing or get injured? I think Vaughan would have struggled to score last night the way we played so if he does start and it’s one up front again it may be the same again

Either way as you say Ian if we lose to the Leagues bottom side, at home, then It’ll be crisis time!

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
Playing 1 up front can be effective if you have a Norwood type who will chase the channels and the team gets up the pitch quickly to support him. All we seem to be doing is hoofing the ball at the neck of the striker and expecting him to bring it down and then wait for an age for the limited support to arrive. The midfield was such a mess last night, and Orient were able to just pass the ball around with no pressure at all.

I really hoped that we would approach this season positively, and with the players that we have (even without the injured players) we really shouldn't be sitting back as much as we are. BBC sport says we had about 40% possession against Orient, and I think that was being generous as watching the game it felt more like 30%.

In my view, the tactics that MJ is playing with are so negative and seem to be based upon everyone concentrating on defence and try and scrape a 0-0..

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes agree. Norwood was suited to the role and Ferrier did ok a few times. But many strikers are not plus we have someone like feeney who puts great delivery in and I think we need a target man to get on the end of them.

just had my ifollow code for Saturday: they should have waited another day for the dust to settle!

Player
aldo
well if Vaughn is not playing may as well play 6 in midfield or just 11 defenders all he seems to want is a 0-0s sole destroying we just never seem to have others chipping in. also the set play errors of last season seem to still be with us I also know Jackson was doing most of the training last season. and not being funny if he could not sort it out last season then he screwed this season. sure you can guess I'm not too happy. rant over lol

Player
Manager
John King
Yes agree. Norwood was suited to the role and Ferrier did ok a few times. But many strikers are not plus we have someone like feeney who puts great delivery in and I think we need a target man to get on the end of them.

just had my ifollow code for Saturday: they should have waited another day for the dust to settle!
I don't think it is the formation that is the problem per se, so much that we are so deep as a team and the gap between midfield and attack is too big. There is no linkage between midfield and the attacking players and there are no relationships developing (eg. between wide midfielders and full backs) other than perhaps in the back four.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
It would also help of he played Feeney wide right as his service from there can be very good the fee decent crosses last night were from him hes wasted on the left.

Jacko is clearly not getting the best out of the players currently, Morris looks a shadow of the player of last season.

Player
Manager
John King
Yes, it is weird that he played Feeney on the left given that all of his assists for Blackpool last season came from the right.