• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Orient

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Leyton Orient

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Orient
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - 07:00 PM
Until: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Absolutely awful: It’s hard not to overreact. Not just because of the result, but the performance was so poor. We looked clueless and unfit and if we have a similar performance at home to Southend on Saturday I think Mark may have a decision to make. Thought young Jake may have gotten a chance as at least he’s a striker and we needed a goal yet Jacko brings a centre half on first.

Anyone have Ronnies number? (Joke). Get the Cowley brothers down to PP. I love Jacko but signs are he’s not cut out for this. Or am I overreacting? Lots of games left, only one win in 7 league games but we are missing players.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Outplayed by a much better team, Johnson up front & there widemen were a constant threat were as woolery was awful Feeney 1 good cross but otherwise awful.

Worrying times with no goals or creativity.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
In a word, abysmal.

This was an utterly inept performance. There was no semblance of structure to the team, no pattern of play, and we barely strung three passes together all game. We had five in midfield but we did not have control of possession at any stage of the game; the gaps between the different parts of the team were far too big and Smith was completely isolated up front.

Orient are just an average League Two side and sat in eighteenth position at the start of play, but we made them look like Brazil tonight, due to our inability to even do the basics.

Individually we were terrible apart from Murphy, and perhaps the two centre halves, but I don't think the problem is the individual players. It is the lack of structure and organisation.

Of the seven league games so far, three have been extremely poor performances, and that has to be a concern. A penny for Mr Palios's thoughts tonight.

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
Hard not to overreact but that was terrible. Losing is hard enough to take, but that was limp. Playing a very average L2 team and making them look like world beaters at times. We are so slow to move the ball, and more often than not after 2 passes it is just thumped forward to poor Smith who was 20 yards from our nearest player. Looked as though the full backs had been told that they were not allowed to go forward for the first 75 mins so no chance of any 2 on 1's against their defence, who who wont have an easier game all season.

I guess Banks shot in the first half at least counts as on target, but that was such a toothless display.

I dont like to think about Managers losing their job but it does seem that Jacko is way out of his depth here.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Absolutely awful: It’s hard not to overreact. Not just because of the result, but the performance was so poor. We looked clueless and unfit and if we have a similar performance at home to Southend on Saturday I think Mark may have a decision to make. Thought young Jake may have gotten a chance as at least he’s a striker and we needed a goal yet Jacko brings a centre half on first.

Anyone have Ronnies number? (Joke). Get the Cowley brothers down to PP. I love Jacko but signs are he’s not cut out for this. Or am I overreacting? Lots of games left, only one win in 7 league games but we are missing players.
I don't think you are overreacting. It is worrying.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Khan banks Morris feeney & woolery all supposed to be creative yet 2 cross apart created nothing.

I dont see any real pattern in our play, the team look like they dont know each other.

Fail to win Saturday and for me he should go I know its early in the season and we've had plenty of disruptions but we seem totally clueless.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
A lot of those players in the midfield and attack are Jackos signings so must take responsibility

Player
ian goodison
serious question lads did jacko apply for the job or did mark say it,s yours ? if its the first then he carries the can the second then I feel for him , I want him to do well but at present for whatever reason he looks out of his depth

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Individually we were terrible apart from Murphy, and perhaps the two centre halves, but I don't think the problem is the individual players. It is the lack of structure and organisation.
Completely agree. They looked like a bunch of 11 strangers out there tonight. I hate jumping on something so quick but I honestly think Jackson hasn't got a clue what he's doing. This system he persists on playing is rubbish. There is no creativity, the players look lifeless and deflated. Look at Morris for example. We know what he's capable of. He's been a shadow of himself this season. We have good players who are capable of playing with the ball at their feet but this is all gone with Jackson baffling tactics.

As bigmart points out, we have all these creative players such as Khan, Banks, Morris, Feeney & Woolery with all these assists between them and they are doing absolutely nothing.

Then we get the usual claptrap 'we know where we need to be' 'we'll be working hard to put it right', then we get served another poor display following the poor Newport performance. Nothing has changed at all, in fact, it was possibly worse than Saturday.

Can anyone point out one positive from today's game apart from some good saves from Joe Murphy?

Sparky, I think the signings are decent. We were all delighted with some of the signings he had made, but he is simply not playing to their strengths.

So where do we go from here? How many more clueless performances are we going to see this season?

Jackson needs to wise up, fast.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Perhaps I was fortunate not to catch this. It is very worrying how things are panning out. At this stage under Rob Edwards the last time we dropped out of the FL, we had 8 points and the quality of players at the manager's disposal were nowhere near the quality Mike Jackson has to choose from.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
serious question lads did jacko apply for the job or did mark say it,s yours ? if its the first then he carries the can the second then I feel for him , I want him to do well but at present for whatever reason he looks out of his depth
Mark said he spoke to Jacko at length, I'm sure he was interviewed as were at least 1 other.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Plenty of assistants make the step up to being the number one and fail. It’s a totally different job. Micky wanted Jacko at Dundee but with a young family Jacko couldn’t move. With Micky Jacko did most of the coaching etc but Micky picked the team and it’s looking like Jacko isn’t up to it sadly

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Jacko should be getting grilled after that performance. In steps Derek Jones..

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Jacko should be getting grilled after that performance. In steps Derek Jones..

ha ha that made me laugh! It’ll be the usual “not easy Gelling all the new players is it mike” and in an empty stadium too

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Sorry guys, I'm a bit wound up. Early night for me, I've had enough for tonight.

drwhoman

It sounds as if the Manager has lost the dressing room very early. The team appear to be going through the motions with zero confidence. Mark cannot accept too much more of this. We all thought Cheltenham might be a one off but this does not appear to be the case. I would be very disappointed for Mike but football management is a hard game and the clock must be ticking. An instant return to L1 is not looking likely at this stage.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
So poor tonight.
I thought there was the odd half decent performance/effort. Morris looked composed at times and tried to put a foot in. Spearing got stuck in. The two CBs looked ok.
For me Banks just strolls through the game and should have made more effort to stop the shot/cross leading to the goal.
Nelson at least shows he wants to compete whichever role he's given.

Feeney on the left couldn't cut back on his right foot and ran down blind alleys with no chance of a cross from his left foot. Improved when moved over to the right. Woolery has many attributes but maybe not a football brain.
Hard to pass judgement on Smith given his isolation.
Jacko maybe a decent coach and I dare say he can pick a side, but whether he can apply the hair dryer I'm not so sure as a few of them need a rocket.