• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v OAFs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Rovers face an Oldham team lying fourth from bottom, but having something of a resurgence in the league under caretaker, and one-time scourge of Rovers, Tony Philliskirk. The Latics have used the money generated by their cup run to bring in Iwelumo and Barnard up front, on paper an excellent strike pairing at this level. They have quality elsewhere, most notably our old friend Jose.

Sidibe is certain to miss this game, which is a massive blow to us. I think the performance of our front two is key to us winning this game, and Akpro must get more assistance up front than he has had in recent weeks. Although I don't rate Amoo, I think it is perhaps time for him to start and for Cole - who has really struggled in recent games - to be given a rest. Amoo and Akpro have linked up well on a few occasions, most notably at Brentford.

It would be terrible to have our promotion campaign derailed by this lot. I almost don't want to tempt fate by saying it, but if we win and one of the top two lose, we will be a maximum of two points off an automatic place. A game we simply have to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.