• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Notlob

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It is the return visit of our friends from Horwich up next.

Bolton looked a very average side when we beat them a few weeks ago and are in patchy form, with no wins in their last five. However, that sequence did include three draws against promotion chasing teams and they have individuals who on their day could cause us problems.

It will be interesting to see how we line up on Saturday. I would guess we will stick with the same starting eleven as last night in a 433 formation, although fatigue could play a part, particularly as Bolton have had a free week. There is also the possibility of a couple of new additions prior to the weekend.

It is currently pouring down in Birkenhead, but the forecast is better for Friday, and with the new pitch I think the game will go ahead with no problems.

We have never done a league double over Bolton, so let's hope we make history on Saturday.

Last edited:

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
What a time for our first double over them, as long as we play like last night I fancy us to best them 2 1.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Keith is a big fan of stability so unless there are enforced changes I think it’ll be unchanged. Lloyd deserves to start again although Woolery to me still flatters to deceive a bit. The last two games he’s been taken off after 60 or so minutes and has generally been ineffective.

As RLC suggests any changes may be due to fatigue (or COVID), but my guess is they’ll be desperate to play again after the win last night.

Bolton do have some attacking talent in Doyle, Delfonueso and Sarcevic but hopefully the 3-0 win at their place will play on their mind a bit. If we can start as brightly as we did last night and get the first goal I’m confident it’ll be another 3 points

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, this is now where we need to gain some momentum and consistency and what a time to do it. Two wins on the bounce would be great for a our league position and for confidence. Like Sparky says, if we play as we did and make a good positive start, we'll have a good chance.

Player
aldo
wow looking at what some of there fans are saying I don,t normally have a go at fans or other teams apart from forset green but they take the biscuits, so fuck the lot of them I hope we batter them and put them in coffins what a horrible lot and a horrible little yes little club

Player
aldo
all we want on Saturday is a dam good performance and shut the horrible little club and there fans up, can we have a season double I think 3-0 with the goals spread again

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Not seen an interview with Hill in the lead upto the match, any players back in the squad.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Not seen an interview with Hill in the lead upto the match, any players back in the squad.

yes I thought the same. Maybe he’s tested positive and isn’t at the ground? Hopefully hear something tomorrow

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
No idea how we'll line up for this game, recent experience suggests that Keith Hill will make some changes to the line-up, despite the positive performance v Forest Green in midweek. MoM at Horwich, Jack Young has been shipped back to Newcastle and it's unclear if new arrival Kirby was signed in time to play. Not expecting as comfortable a victory on home turf, but it would be great if we can get all 3 points.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I thought there might have been one or two changes, though glad James Vaughan not affected by his knock in midweek. Surprised O'Connor not back in contention yet

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Good to see a settled squad, not too many changes. Let's hope we can match the performance.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Good to see a settled squad, not too many changes. Let's hope we can match the performance.
Yes agree. Hill is big on stability and continuity. Although I think Woolery needs to do a bit more as we have other options if required. But made sense not to change a winning team

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Loving Keith’s look of white bobble hat with matching boots and pulled up socks!!