• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Newport (League Two Play Off Final)

Rovers v Newport (League Two Play Off Final)
Posted by Ian
Wembley Stadium
Saturday, May 25, 2019 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, May 25, 2019 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Another last minute goal wins it. We play Sunderland next season :)

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
A day later and it still hasn't fully sunk in. It was a strange game, end to end, maybe not the highest quality but a lot of action. It didn't feel like we'd the benefit of greater recent Wembley experience, perhaps the importance of that was overestimated a little? Agree MMs subs were inspired; personally thought ""what's he doing", when Big Steve brought on. However from the off he was gobbling up balls pumped into the box, which had been creating some danger and while there was a bit of uncertainty about one or two of his early touches on the deck, that soon settled and he was calmness itself.

"I was pleased that Buxton and Pringle played a part in the winning goal, two maligned and marginalised figures in recent weeks. It was a great little shimmy by Bucko to get into the box which created the opening for the cross from Caprice and Connor's finish."
I've borrowed RLC's quote as couldn't have put it any better about that pair. When Buxton came on, told my mate, it was because he was a penalty taker, then he's instrumental in the build-up to the winning goal.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Just wanted to give a quick shout out to Scott Davies who I thought had an excellent game as he has all season. Whilst not having a great deal to do, when he was called on he made some excellent saves.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The one-handed save he made on to the post from Matt was exceptional. I think Scott and Day for Newport were arguably the best two keepers in the division this season.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Mental! Just replayed the game at Bridgewater Hotel in Darwen as Darwen Live was going on! Tuesday is going to be a struggle!

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
Whilst some remain a little depressed ahead of lack of new signings so far, I must say that if you download the free quest app their 45 mins coverage of the play off final is superb!

Reactions: Ian
Player
aldo
just watched the game again . oh i love it . just amazing to think we where in the non lg not to long ago.