• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Newport (League Two Play Off Final)

Rovers v Newport (League Two Play Off Final)
Posted by Ian
Wembley Stadium
Saturday, May 25, 2019 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, May 25, 2019 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
As Boz says, I would expect we will stick with the 451 with the same personnel as the semi-final games.

Newport seem quite an unpredictable side: average on occasions but capable of beating anybody on their day, as their cup results demonstrate, with two dangerous strikers. We should not forget that they are unbeaten in twelve games.

I think the result is too close to call.

The nerves are really starting to kick in now. I just hope the game is not as stressful as last year's, but has the same outcome.

Player
Norwood
I just hope that the small percentages help us...
The fact that we have won and lost at Wembley.
The correct mental attitude to adopt
The previous Wembley experience of our key first team members.
Having strong characters in the dressing room like McNulty, who've been there.
A better squad than last year, and hopefully the ability to stay calm if we concede.
That said, I'm still cacking it!!!!

Player
aldo
norwood will be the country,s top scorer if he gets 1 tomorrow . thats not bad going 92 goals in 188 games:) top man super star

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
No changes I’d have thought. Probably Gilmour on as a sub within the 90 if we’re sneaking/consolidating a lead. Get Bucko on within the 120 if a threat of pens

Player
aldo
match day folks . hope you all have safe travels .. gutted not to be there but at least im watching it . not slept all night . come on you mighty whites

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
On the train to London and feeling incredibly nervous:rolleyes:

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I've had a lot of good wishes from mates supporting other teams. My gut feel is we will win 4-3 (on pens).

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Fairly even half. Rovers the best chance bringing a point blank save from the keeper, but Newport seem to be getting the ball into our box very easily and being allowed to get away with a fair bit of man-handling, just fear one of them will come to something. MM needs to find a way to slow the supply lines down

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Too excited to post anything sensible. Will try when I've calmed down. I'll just say that although last year's win was more heroic, this season's overall achievement was better than last season's.

Player
aldo
omg i have sat in the same seat for the whole play offs at the same table aswell . ive just booked it for next year . not our best game but who cares we should have been 2 up b4 . well happy for connor he has been through it amazing by the club and i will say it again THE BEST YES THE BEST F. A . N . S IN THE WORLD YOU WHERE SUPERB

Reactions: Boz
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Exhausted after that. Delighted that Connor got the winner and Micky's tactical changes worked once again. It was not a classic game of football but both sides gave everything and I am not sure either team deserved to lose. Back to back promotions for the first time in our history. Micky and the players, take a bow. Fantastic.