• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Newport (League Two Play Off Final)

Rovers v Newport (League Two Play Off Final)
Posted by Ian
Wembley Stadium
Saturday, May 25, 2019 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, May 25, 2019 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
That's decent with a week to go still.

Player
ian goodison
I love AM coming on here with regular updates on tickets both match/season I also go on the other forum which can be a bit toxic at times, still you can,t please everyone

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
If we sell 15,000 and they sell 10,000, I would imagine that it would guarantee a 30,000 attendance. Crazy allocation for the Europa League final in Baku - just 6,000 to each team …. mind you the venue is even crazier and will ensure neither team sell their allocation. I wonder how many palms were greased choosing that venue?

Player
aldo
and there where empty seats at the cup final . its to pricey .but have to say i would not wont to meet city eney time soon they are scary

Player
aldo
as of today we have sold 10400 and that does not include the hospitality tickets they have sold according to nicola with them its over 11k .i only know this as i work with a guy who works at the club with mark and nicky

drwhoman

There is always that smell around City’s finances. I saw an article suggesting that if you look at net spend since their longest serving player was signed (Kompany?) then they have more than doubled that of anyone else. UEFA are contemplating a one year Champions League ban for falsely inflating the value of a sponsorship to make them look solvent and and not just a cash conduit for oil rich Sheikhs. That said, they are, of course, a very good team!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
There is always that smell around City’s finances. I saw an article suggesting that if you look at net spend since their longest serving player was signed (Kompany?) then they have more than doubled that of anyone else. UEFA are contemplating a one year Champions League ban for falsely inflating the value of a sponsorship to make them look solvent and and not just a cash conduit for oil rich Sheikhs. That said, they are, of course, a very good team!
I have major issues about FFP, as it seemed aimed to protect an existing elite. Some of those clubs financed reasonably, but others such as the Glazers at Man Utd or Liverpool's previous owners seemed to just suck money out of their clubs, yet FFP oblivious to that.

On attendances, Newport and Rovers have already sold more play-off tickets than those attending the Burton v Fleetwood play-off Final and still nearly a week to go.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Respecting Exiles, we should be there with at least 5k more than them.
How nice, this THIRD ( :)) time in a row we'll have supporters at opposite end making a noise.
I note what Boz says but, league positions apart over last few years, we are a bigger club than either of them.
We're really looking forward to it, unlike last two Mays when the pressure was totally life sapping.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Yes, that UEFA ticket allocation in Baku is awful. Even Rovers v Newport in the Europa League final would have needed at least twice as many tickets for the fans. Disgraceful.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I am gradually losing any love I had for the higher levels of football, whether the Premier League or UEFA competitions. That is why I am so opposed to clubs like Salford; if we are not careful the lower divisions will be the EPL writ small in a few years, and what is left of real football in this country will be gone.

Player
Jonny Morrisey
What are your views on the game guys? I must admit, I'm a lot more optimistic about this one than I was of the 2nd leg at FGR and think we'll have too much for them.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
There was a crowd of 43,000 at Wembley today for the FA Trophy final, Fylde v Orient. It must have been a hell of a turnout for the O's.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
There was a crowd of 43,000 at Wembley today for the FA Trophy final, Fylde v Orient. It must have been a hell of a turnout for the O's.
That's an incredible gate, given Fylde's fanbase. Surely a record for this competition. Recent finals have been contested by lower-tier clubs, but this year the biggest clubs must have been taking the competition more seriously. Hats off to Dave Challinor for getting some compensation for the recent play-off final defeat and to Danny Rowe, who scored the only goal. I wonder where Danny will end up next season.

Last edited: