• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Newport (League Two Play Off Final)

Rovers v Newport (League Two Play Off Final)
Posted by Ian
Wembley Stadium
Saturday, May 25, 2019 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, May 25, 2019 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
A cynic might say that the seat sales are organised in such a way to minimise the security expenses for the Wembley company, given that it will not be a full house!
I'm sure that's the case but I guess that it will also maximise the atmosphere by avoiding having loads of random free seats. Having said that, if they had done their homework they would know rough turnout and release far more blocks simultaneously, knowing that they would be filled.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Given BW's minuscule support last year and the fact Newport haven't been to Wembley for a while, last year's attendance will surely be doubled. There should be a great atmosphere.

Player
aldo
With nearly 9000 to let's sold heading for 20k .why can't a few more turn up week in week out . Th I k what position the club would be in if they did

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Just watching Max powers Sunderland play off. They’ve played more games than anyone this season in 62. Newport are second having played 61.

drwhoman

Solid if uninspiring win for Sunderland. Not sure what Max was doing, getting involved with an altercation with a fan. Not a good look.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Over 10,000 tickets sold now, including hospitality. This following is surely going to dwarf those of the previous two years.

Brilliant.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I would expect us to take around the 15 thousand mark

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Incredible we seem to have picked up a lot more fans this year. I'm sure it's not just the cheaper tickets. There is increasing belief in the team and the club that we are going places.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Solid if uninspiring win for Sunderland. Not sure what Max was doing, getting involved with an altercation with a fan. Not a good look.
I didn't see all of the 2 games - probably 2 full halves and a bit, but I was a bit disappointed with Max. Bothe games seemed to pass him by to an extent.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Seen there's some (not here) miffed about what they perceive as the club's obsession with numbers, in particular attendances/ tickets.
Personally I love the updates and think they help to crank it up.
Not a murmur from Newport social media how their sales going. Can't think how their initial allocation of 19000 was calculated.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
You can't please everyone I guess but it all helps when the buzz factor and its a great way to market yourself. Tickets are selling well, hop on board! I'd rather this than nothing at all.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Not a murmur from Newport social media how their sales going. Can't think how their initial allocation of 19000 was calculated.
I think they are handling sales themselves and only started a couple of days ago. I think they will bring enough to make a noise, unlike last year's opposition.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
What are their avg attendances?