• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Morecambe

Rovers v Morecambe
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Thursday, May 20, 2021 - 06:00 PM
Until: Thursday, May 20, 2021 - 08:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Great cross good header let's keep on the front foot

Player
Jonny Morrisey
Another sloppy goal conceded! We've actually played really well but they've had 2 chances and scored 2 goals, both of which should have been avoided. Manny should've seen that ball out for the first goal and not conceded a corner, and Murphy has put Feeney under pressure with the quick throw and conceded a free kick.

Need to be more clinical in the second half! We've actually played really well and got at them, we just need to be smarter!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Despite the score, I am enjoying watching this. It's so exciting and refreshing after recent months. Ironically, both goals were scored after attacks had broken down. We need to calm down - just a bit.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
First half gone exactly to script. Rovers playing without any shackles and it feels like Hill's football was a bad dream. However, the defensive mistakes are there and Morecambe hit teams on the counter which is exactly what they have done. I'd rather watch this than a 0-0 draw and will feel we have a good chance even if we lose this leg by a single goal. I think we might need 4 to win tonight's match though!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Shocking defending from set pieces got tighten up or be done for

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
We have looked much brighter going forward, but the defending has been awful. The contact on Vaughan for the penalty claim seemed fairly minimal, though seen them given.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It's ironic in that he refused to play Cole Stockton in our L1 relegation season as caretaker, yet now assistant at a club where Stockton is a key player.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
They have managed the second half well let us have the ball and besides a couple ofcset pieces we have not looked like breaking them down

Player
Jonny Morrisey
Its difficult when they have 9 men behind the ball and defend as well as they have. Gonna be tough to turn this around I think

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
It's ironic in that he refused to play Cole Stockton in our L1 relegation season as caretaker, yet now assistant at a club where Stockton is a key player.
Good point Box re Stockton/McMahon contradiction. For me it's hard to imagine Stockton being a key player anywhere. Albeit some folk must rate him.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Really frustrating but similar in some ways to recent weeks in terms of only scoring 1 goal in a game where we dominated possession and had plenty of nice football but again the opposition keeper didn’t have many saves to make over 90 minutes.

Morecambe are effective in what they do but I can’t see us going through as we just can’t score enough