• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Morecambe

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Morecambe

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Morecambe
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, October 31, 2020 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, October 31, 2020 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

drwhoman

That's a fair point actually and I would hope it's fair to assume they are a lot better than what we have seen so far!
Spearing and O'Connor have good pedigrees and I recall how pleased we all were when Jay 'came home' to play for Rovers. As has been said, hopefully all the players will improve under a more astute Manager. As we know, getting the right person is a bit of a lottery so fingers crossed!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Spearing appeared to have fitness issues, but in the Cambridge game dispelled fears he was past it, only to fail to reach such heights in subsequent games. A concern when we signed O'Connor was on the basis of Partick fans comments that he was good going forward but weak defensively. On what I've seen, that appears unfair, but it may be that yesterday's ultra-cautious approach was a result of instructions from Mike Jackson to concentrate on his defending, it was certainly out of kilter with how he's played previously.

One thing which does concern me is the lack of leaders on the park. There doesn't appear to have been much shown by players this season, which might have mitigated some of the uncertainty originating from the manager.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Just as an aside, I read that Shola Ameobi travelled all the way from Newcastle to watch Jack Young yesterday, only to discover he was not in the squad due to Jacko's eccentric selection.

If nothing else, we must have confused opposition scouts in the last few weeks. :)

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Spearing appeared to have fitness issues, but in the Cambridge game dispelled fears he was past it, only to fail to reach such heights in subsequent games. A concern when we signed O'Connor was on the basis of Partick fans comments that he was good going forward but weak defensively. On what I've seen, that appears unfair, but it may be that yesterday's ultra-cautious approach was a result of instructions from Mike Jackson to concentrate on his defending, it was certainly out of kilter with how he's played previously.

One thing which does concern me is the lack of leaders on the park. There doesn't appear to have been much shown by players this season, which might have mitigated some of the uncertainty originating from the manager.

a lack of leadership is a real surprise when you think of all the experienced players we have.
In relation to this it will be interesting if the new manager, whoever it is, is happy having a keeper as captain. It won’t solve all our problems but I’d give Clarke the armband straight away

Player
ian goodison
I wonder if by davies keeping the captaincy and walking straight back into the team its created a jobs for the boys atmosphere pure speculation maybe but something's not right

drwhoman

I wonder if by davies keeping the captaincy and walking straight back into the team its created a jobs for the boys atmosphere pure speculation maybe but something's not right
You may or may not be right re Davies but it has been clear for several weeks that there were issues between the players and the Manager. A leader on the pitch often reflects their relationship with the Manager. He is the guy making sure that the Manager's strategy and tactics are being followed. The lack of any of this might suggest that the senior players have not been at one with the Manager. All speculation I know but it is clear that something was not right in the camp given the experience and quality of the squad. The new Manager will have to deal with this as the first thing they do.