• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Morecambe

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Morecambe

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Morecambe
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, October 31, 2020 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, October 31, 2020 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Rovers host Cole Stockton’s Morecambe side on Saturday in a game which if it goes against us will heap evenmore pressure on Jacko and MP. The shrimps parted ways with long serving manager Jim Bentley in the summer and former Plymouth man Derek Adams took over and enjoyed a positive start to the season sitting top in October. Since then results have dipped a bit and they currently sit 12th having won 4, drawn 1 and lost 4 of their 9 games. In Adam Phillips they have a real talent and the likes of Stockton and former Crewe man AJ Leitch-Smith can score at this level. This is winnable though as Morecambe have lost 3 out of their last 4 and conceded 19 league goals in their 9 games so far. Another opportunity for rovers they have to take.

Team news for rovers suggests apart from Ferrier Jacko has a strong squad to choose from. Monthe and Woolery returned to training yesterday and the former may feature given the 4 goals we conceded on Tuesday. Would be nice to see CBT getting some action but the big question is whether Jacko keeps 2 up front or sticks with just Vaughan hoping he won’t be isolated. The tactical And shape issues Obvious to many rovers fans will surely have been worked on this week and the SWA will be hoping we don’t see more first half substitutions which have been a feature of the season so far.

Prediction: it could go either way but a draw wouldn’t be a surprise.
All good stuff Sparky and if MJ can engineer s bit of bounce back in form it is defo winnable. However, I'm less concerned about whether it's one or two up front. I honestly don't think playing another guy up there addresses the isolation question. Two up top can equally get starved of service and support and run round like the proverbial trying to make something happen...and that's then one man less in midfield trying to put a foot in - hopefully.
For me MJ just needs to get the players selected playing on the front foot.
I have no idea at all in terms of predictions - so will watch with interest and keep fingers crossed.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
As bad as things are right now, i don't think i could choose to watch rugby over football! :eek:
I might change my mind at 4.45 though! :D
Yes, I could never consciously miss one of our matches, however useless we are.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Today’s programme to get you in the mood!

Attachments

• Tranmere_morecambe_31102020_compressed_20_281_29.pdf
    5.2 MB · Views: 309

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I think there will be a number of changes to the team today, wouldn't surprise me if Spearing is left out

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
What's the weather like on Wirral this afternoon, presume no danger to the game going ahead?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Fine Boz. Rain stopped a few hours ago. Pitch will be great to play on.

Reactions: Boz

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
What's the weather like on Wirral this afternoon, presume no danger to the game going ahead?
Been heavy rain which now cleared strong winds but be no issues

Reactions: Boz
Player
aldo
The thing is I will still watch the game and rant over it or just love it when we go 6-0 up after 60mins wishful thinking. I have calmed down now after the other day lets see what later brings

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Spearing, Feeney, Smith and Ridehalgh dropped, Banks, Lewis, Monthe and Woolery return to the side in what looks like a 442.

Not sure that Rides (or Feeney) deserved to be dropped and hope that there are not too many changes.

Last edited:
Player
aldo
think that there will be a mike my Jackson ers will he have a stern mask on and be slashing the players later or will he treat them trick or treat boys. who will be the Punkin and who will Ghost in and score the Demon goals? will we have a Zombie? the defense will we have some skeletons in the closet. who will be a Devil and will we have some screaming Banshees later when the final scores are in hoping its a thriller

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Strange change dropping the most assist player in the league last season in feeney who set up Clarke in last home game

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Glad Spearing dropped, he's done nothing as one of the senior pros. That team could work but we need to attack the opposition and not sit back.
With Khan and Morris in the side, we need to keep the ball on the floor. Strange one about Feeney. Maybe he's picked up a knock?!

This one's for you AM, seeing as you're in the Halloween mood!
michael jackson GIF

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Another baffling selection from Mike Jackson. Rides the better defender than McDonald, Khan been very disappointing so far and given he's ditched wing-backs, Feeney should start.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Makes you wonder if Jacko doesn’t know what his best team is: too many options for him and he’s panicking making lots of changes hoping things will work.

but feeney for me has to start. Our most creative player surely. Will Vaughan be isolated again?