• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v MK Dons

Rovers v MK Dons
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, April 13, 2019 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, April 13, 2019 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It's going to be a really interesting test for midfield now that we have McCullough and Perkins added to the injury list. They were two really influential players for us, so let's hope like today their replacements can step up to the challenge. On a side note, it's refreshing to see the team all working hard and battling for each other to achieve the same goal.

Player
aldo
thnak you . i will be up ere when i can but its gonna be a 90 hr a week job for a few years if not more . i was doing that at thornton hough hotel . but hey ho thats what i chose to do

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A thoroughly deserved win, the first half I thought was even they were a physical team and were causing us some problems, second half we really took the game to them and played really well with a fantastic atmosphere.

Losing Perkins is a huge blow and for me the injuries are the big worry for me, Harris though did a really good job, all the midfield played really well but for me the man of the match was Ridehalgh who was outstanding

Player
ian goodison
good luck AM hope it works out for you & your family my daughter was down there for some time hubby was in the met he loved it but she hated it MISSED HER MUMS COOKING chances don,t come along in life often so have a real go & don,t stop posting your a breath of fresh air

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Injury wise, can't draw comparisons with the FGR play off scenario yet though. There's still some decent lads on the bench chomping at the bit. For FGR, if you were breathing you got a shirt!
If memory serves, we were missing 4 in the FGR final. Sutton was replaced by Ihiekwe, arguably a better player, though he had a poor game. Harris and to a lesser extent Wallace left a big gap in midfield and Tollitt who was on fire before his injury. Things are not as bad this time, but two key players in McCullough and Oerkins out.

I do worry about midfield, as Frenchrover mentions, Banks was below par yesterday and both he and Harris have form for doing something stupid.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think some of the comments about Banks are a bit harsh. He had an up and down game, but basically Banks was Banks. He tries some things which don't come off and can seem lackadaisical at times, but he still produced several great through balls for Nors and has the best vision of any of the midfielders.

I think we will miss Perkins if he is out, although the extent of his injury is not yet clear. Harris played well with adrenaline yesterday, but whether he can do it for half a dozen games if we are in the play offs remains to be seen. However, the midfield is stronger than earlier in the season not just because of Perkins, but also due to Pringle and Morris. They are not typical wingers that go on darting runs and lose the ball, and their skill and ability to keep the ball, and the fact they stay narrow for quite long periods, helps to knit the midfield together and give us control.

All the best to AM in his new venture. I take it that if we do get to Wembley, he will be hosting the celebration party ?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Part of the problem with Banks is he started the season so well and current performances are measured against that. Like Ellis, he has had better performances in a Rovers shirt, but whereas Mark’s difficulty you could partly relate to the referee’s tolerance of MK’s physical approach, it’s harder to understand why Ollie is no longer teaching that level for now.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I thought Banks had a decent game yesterday, the ball out wide for Pringle in the build up to the winning goal was very good

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
just to let you know . i am moving to London near the spurs stadium . its a massive restraurant . i am moving my whole familly . . im gonna be doing mad hours witch is going to make my game time non existent . i might make 1 or 2 games a season if im lucky . but thats a head chefs job in London for you . i will be hear for the bury game . then that.s it . im traveling up by train the next few weeks . its a big project i just cant turn down . mike out
Congratulations, AM. Sounds like a great job. You must have fought off a lot of other chefs for that plum job. What an opportunity for you and an exciting challenge. Good luck to you and your family. At least we won't be losing you to White Review. ;)

Whether we are in League One or Two, there will be a few teams near London, but most teams in the capital play in the EPL or the Championship.

Player
aldo
thanks la . yes its been tough but its only gonna get harder . but its a challenge i just cant turn down . the hard part is if it gets in the way of the family as we have a young one and there only young once . we will see . eney way now lets kick those veggie arses

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy