• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v MK Dons

Rovers v MK Dons
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, April 13, 2019 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, April 13, 2019 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Good ball in from Pringle for CJs winner. We deserved the win, MK looked threatening, but little end product.

I thought Pringle grew into the game, after initially being a little too easily dispossessed, which may be down to being a bit match rusty. Harris did an excellent job as sub and seems to now look capable of playing midfield at this level. Ridehalgh did a good job in defence, one great clearing header stood out. Jennings had a typical game, with an excellent header for the winner. Norwood worked hard, but seemed to have picked up an injury.

There were a lot of contenders for MoM but I’d go for Kieron Morris, some excellent defensive work and ball retention alongside some telling moves further up the park.

Player
ian goodison
a big ask but can we crack the 10 thousand barrier Friday? be a fantastic atmosphere if we could

ADD

Player
Norwood
Agree pretty much with the other summations. Rides had a great game, Harris I would probably give MOM too as he played intelligently and for once I didn't have the feeling he was likely to see red at some point though yes Morris also was excellent today. Pringle also started slowly but was excellent after that and I am delighted he is back in the team. Massive disappointment with Perkins hamstring however today we hardly missed him with Harris assured and mature play. Hopefully it is only a tweak and worst case he only misses FGR game. Surprised MM did not bring on Dagnall as Norwood surely could have done with a few minutes rest and on IFollow some suggestion his groin was troubling him? All that said at this stage in the season all teams will have injuries but to win so well today bodes well for Friday....
Finally congrats to Lincoln - a proper footballing side unlike our next opposition - here's hoping that having beaten FGR on Friday they play the kids to help us along our journey!!!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
a big ask but can we crack the 10 thousand barrier Friday? be a fantastic atmosphere if we could
We had 8,010 home support today but FGR haven't got many supporters so we may not quite manage it. However, if results go well, Bury in two weeks should be very well attended.

Player
aldo
dam what a shame . magnificent again bye a superb club with magnificent fans. its going to the wire

Player
aldo
lets pack the park again on friday lets back the boys i said be positive and we have to we have had a great season . lets see what goes

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Brilliant game from Rovers. All of them played well today. I was a bit nervy throughout the game as it was a close one. Not a great deal of chances for both teams but I thought we edged it. Our workrate was magnificent. Pringle made a difference as we had an outlet and were able to really press down that left side with the excellent Ridehalgh proving support. Gutted when Perkins went off but Harris was excellent. Probably my MOTM was Norwood. His sheer drive and effort is amazing when you watch him. He had three defenders on him today and caused them problems throughout. The table is looking very tight up there now and we are right in the mix.

Brilliant support today as well. PP buzzing again. Let's keep it going!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Probably my MOTM was Norwood. His sheer drive and effort is amazing when you watch him. He had three defenders on him today and caused them problems throughout.
Absolutely. They were terrified of him, and as Micky has said in his interview, that meant MK were reluctant to keep too high a line and commit players forward in the second half.

Norwood does the job of two forwards for us; his strength and workrate are incredible.

iandavid59

Great Team performance all round Ellis and Manny solid and in midfield Harris when he came on was magnificent very close to man of the match as were Morris and Pringle but Lord Norwood was magnificent his work rate is fantastic as is his touch there defence were scared stiff of him but I would have give Mullin a 10 minute run out as Nors was shattered. Promotion and we surely keep him but no doubt for me this lad is Championship quality.

Player
aldo
only 4 teams have won 20 games in the lg . and we are one of em that is a superb effort . would love to get the 30 th goal he deserves it . we cant replace nors or connor for effort or the 41 goals they have scored and the amount of goals they have made . amazing players . but we need to look after them .

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
There's me worried we'd peaked.
As accomplished a performance as we've served up at home given the oppo and the stakes.
First half Pringle looked half asleep but second, he was excellent.
Morris showed he can graft as well.
Nors? What can I add. The stats will show a game without a goal but that doesn't touch the surface.
Gun to head - MOM? Got to give it to Jay. He's acquired a football brain from somewhere to match his usual tenacity. No bigger compliment than to say Perkin's absence wasn't noticed.
Speaking of Carl, it'd be just our luck if he's out for weeks.
Injury wise, can't draw comparisons with the FGR play off scenario yet though. There's still some decent lads on the bench chomping at the bit. For FGR, if you were breathing you got a shirt!
Even bigger game coming up now!!
What a season.

Player
aldo
just to let you know . i am moving to London near the spurs stadium . its a massive restraurant . i am moving my whole familly . . im gonna be doing mad hours witch is going to make my game time non existent . i might make 1 or 2 games a season if im lucky . but thats a head chefs job in London for you . i will be hear for the bury game . then that.s it . im traveling up by train the next few weeks . its a big project i just cant turn down . mike out

Player
aldo
was not there today with being in London . Jay is getting some good reviews . shows when he puts his head to it and don.t do stupid stuff he is a dam good player . more plz Jay

Player
aldo
we have taken 46 from a poss 63 points at home we have the best home record in the lg 2 we have had 18 clean sheets with 60% at home . we have an avg of 6250 home fans and the last 3 have been 7300 and two 8k plus are club are amazing and the buzz is brilliant i love supporting my team . on love the .S.W.A

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Good luck with the new job AM. London is a challenging place to work, so I was glad to escape to Sheffield after 4 years. Some people, like my sister love it and never want to leave. Hope you’ll still manage to take in a few games during tbe season.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Brave move AM. I really hope it works out for you.
I'm sure your input to WR won't suffer.

Player
aldo
im sh%&*ng my self its the biggest job ive ever had . the most worrying part is moving my little girl and wife . we have no house and the wife needs a job and we have to find a school f$%&k im stressed .

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Good luck to you and your family with your move south and of course in your new job. I've no doubt you will be a big success. Thank you for all your positive comments over the years and keep them coming in the future. SWA..... its in our blood and lasts forever.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Todays match was a real classic with both teams looking for the points from the off with Rovers shading the first half but dominating the second. Great thunderbolt goal from Perkins for the early lead and a quite brilliant cross from Pringle for Jennings to score the winner. Difficult to select a MOM with so many good all round performances particularly from Pringle, Morris and Harris but shading it for me, for sheer work effort in terrorising the defence throughout the game, its got to be Norwood. Most disappointing player for me today was Banks who time and again tried to overplay the ball, made some poor passing decisions and seemed rather sluggish in his movements off the ball. But nevertheless, a brilliant team performance and on to Friday's game which I hope is a Good one for SWA.