• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v MK Dons

Rovers v MK Dons
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, April 13, 2019 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, April 13, 2019 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
aldo
6450 sold already even the dons fans on there forum are saying what bad ticket sales they have .for today. lets hope they want to play football . still think we will win 2-1 or 1-0

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I’m always nervous before a game and more so before this one, as the outcome potentially defines our season.

Think a point for the visitors would be a reasonable result from their viewpoint, given how off-field events appear to be impacting on Bury, one of the main contenders for an automatic slot. Will be interesting to see if they adopt a similar approach to Oldham and Newport to stifle our supply lines or stick to their normal game plan.
Yes, I am not convinced they will be going all out for a win. Ticket sales point to a gate of about 8,000.

Player
aldo
6520 now its been great the last few months seeing the ground getting fuller its only great for the club the atmosphere is amazing to great to see are amazing club going in the right direction for a change . long may it continue . up the rovers . also loving the trust with there ideas they are having a massive impact on what the club are doing . they appear to be driving things witch is fab well done all . now lets get the points and crank things up a little

Brightonian

Player
Ian Goodison, James Norwood
Two more of those SE exiles on their way to boost the gate having taken a last minute decision not to miss this crucial game.
We are going to enjoy it whatever the outcome. It’s a real privelage to be in this position and one to get excited about and cheer on the boys!!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Hope you bring some luck and get to see a Rovers win, Brightonian.

Player
aldo
6650 magnificent again best fans in the world gonna be 8k plus lets enjoy .oh seen the spurs new stadium all you can say is wow what a place magnificent

ADD

Player
Norwood
Pringle back in for Smith, which is good news. Otherwise unchanged.
Yes totally agreed RLC. and Smith not even on bench. Maybe could have replaced Smith with Dagnall up front but maybe MM wants to see how MKD set up for the game, ie play for draw or go for win first. Either way team is stronger with Pringle back in.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Pleased Pringle is back for his ball retention. A little surprised Smith doesn’t even make the bench, injured maybe?

ADD

Player
Norwood
Some lovely play in first half. Disappointing that they equalised so soon after our goal and for sure video shows it was a foul on Ellis. Bad news however with Perkins going off. Hope it isn't anything serious but he indicated to the bench straight away. Suspect may be a hamstring. Hopefully precautionary!
We can do this. Maybe bring on Dagnall if still level after 60 minutes?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Two good teams here. Bit cagey but hopefully we'll stretch them attacking the kop.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Losing Perkins a big blow. Referee rather erratic and MK more physical than expected. Issues about there equaliser, would need to see again. Not confident we’ll get anything from this...

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
All the other five teams in the top seven are winning. If we don't, we will have five points to catch up in the remaining four games (effectively six given our inferior goal difference). Might be worth taking a risk.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Great result. Mansfield drew so we increase the pressure on the three teams immediately above us. Thanks to our result, Lincoln City are virtually promoted. I look forward to the reports.

Attendance 8,357 - amazing considering the poor away support.

Player
Manager
John King
A fantastic performance from Rovers. The first half was probably the best forty five minutes of football I have seen this season, two very good sides with very little to separate them. However, as so often this season we took control of the game after half time, inspired to a great extent by a virtuoso performance from Ben Pringle, and thoroughly deserved to win the game.

I thought pretty much everybody played well and the higher standard of opposition seemed to lift our individual performances. A lot of the unsung players had really good matches: Morris was excellent, protecting the ball and knitting the play very well, and Liam Ridehalgh probably had his best game of the season, and was superb defensively. Losing Perkins was - and is - a major blow, but Harris was an able deputy, and if anything we seemed a bit more secure in midfield after he came on because of his tackling. In the early stages I thought MK were able to get in on our back four a bit too easily. Ellis had a few shaky moments early on, but was manhandled by Aneke all game and got nothing out of the referee. However, he did settle and defensively we were generally excellent again, with Manny superb. I thought Nors was also outstanding with his skill, movement and workrate, never allowing their centre halves to settle. However, I thought Ben Pringle was man of the match. He was technically excellent, always available for the ball and produced an absolutely delicious cross for the winning goal, with a classic bit of wing play.

As has been commented above, I was disappointed we conceded the equaliser so soon after scoring and there was a wayward header from Ellis in the build up, although it seemed to me that both he and Pringle were fouled. However, we again showed fantastic character to get a grip of the game in the first fifteen minutes of the second half and the victory was fully deserved. There was great support from the SWA once again, both in terms of numbers and noise, and we showed MK what a proper club looks life.

We are now only two points below the automatic places, so on to FGR on Friday.

Last edited:
Player
ian goodison
GET IN!!!!!! fantastic team performance when perkins went off it reminded me of our league game against fgr when they kicked Wallace & harrris off the park but jay was brilliant when he came on, bloke next to me had a go at pringle all day then he puts a beauty of a cross in for conor to bury a great header, too many to nominate for mom but going for rides who with others was brilliant

Player
Manager
John King
Perkins has done his hamstring, so we might not see him again this season. Massive blow.