• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v MK Dons

Rovers v MK Dons
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, April 13, 2019 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, April 13, 2019 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
aldo
ok guys 4400 sold already . surley this is gonna be are biggest gate it has to be we need the place jammed and sold out . spread the word lets fill the dame place and scare the living hell out of the dons . its gonna be tough but i think a hard 1-0 with over 10k watching

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'd really like to see around 10k for this match. What an important game this is. Win this and we set ourselves up nicely for the games ahead and really shake up the top six. It's going to be a really tough game and MK Dons' last away game was an excellent 2-1 win against promotion hopefuls Forest Green with Kieran Agard and Russell Martin on the scoresheet for the Dons. Hopefully we'll get a bit more team news later on in the week.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Yes, it is the biggest game of the season by far. If we win, we potentially close the gap on the top three to one point with four games to play. Lose or draw and it is the play offs. MK's away support has grown a lot since we last played them in League One and I think they could bring 500-1,000 fans. I expect we will top the 8,000 crowd for the Carlisle game.

MK play decent football and have got a lot of quality, with Aneke and Agard up front. Their recent form is almost as impressive as ours and they are second in the form table. However, they did not terrify me when we played them away earlier in the season and earned a relatively comfortable point, and we are more than capable of beating them at PP.

Player
ian goodison
I,m going for a draw losing McCulloch as we have couldn,t have come at a worse time with some very tough games coming up, mk dons won,t be mugs and will be a stern test

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
Newport was a tough place to retain a clean sheet & through smoke n mirrors MM is great at shuffling the pack so I’m going for a 1-0 victory via Perkins deflection in front of 8,292 (that actually came up on my predictive text so who am I to argue, lol)

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I think they will not bring many about 500 or 600 and we will get around 7800 in total, tough game and I fear we will lose 2 1

Player
aldo
no we wont lose . will not accept negative scores be positive we will win . it will be 8k plus .

Player
aldo
5300 . 222 away . poor from mk small club . if it was the other way around we would take 2.5 3k th there place for a game this big . oh well lets get as much super white fans in there as poss

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
AM, MK are far from a small team. Perhaps they don't travel in the numbers that the SWA do but they have the second highest average attendance in L2 (7,621) which is 1,500 higher than ours!

Player
ian goodison
I think if we win this we could go up automatically but to me the hardest game of the season these are no mugs with a good away record, either way could only dream of being here at the start of the season, can we dream?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Better to dream than to not dream at all! Come on Rovers! Undoubtedly a tough game but we have home advantage and it'll be a great atmosphere.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
AM, MK are far from a small team. Perhaps they don't travel in the numbers that the SWA do but they have the second highest average attendance in L2 (7,621) which is 1,500 higher than ours!
Absolutely. MK Dons appears to be a club with great potential. The city has about 250,000 and is growing rapidly. They have no large clubs nearby, only Northampton to the north and Luton to the south. They have a fantastic, modern stadium with a present capacity of 30,500 and a currently empty third tier which could increase the crowd to 45,000. So, they have the potential in terms of both catchment area and facilities to be a Premier League club.

Sadly, the club has never been that well supported. The original Wimbledon fans soon abandoned them and of course being a new city, there is no football tradition. The ground looks almost deserted, even with 7,500 inside, and there is very little atmosphere. No wonder there is so little away support, even when the team is doing well and needs it. Hopefully, it is the last time any club will be allowed to relocate to another town. The hostility there was to the original move and the subsequent failure to ignite any significant football passion locally should mean "franchising" will not be repeated.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I thin they should be forced to drop the title 'Dons' as Wimbledon have requested. Appropriating a history that is not theirs. Although they are reasonably supported at home in terms of numbers, how solid that support is is debatable, as demonstrated by their very poor away support.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I thin they should be forced to drop the title 'Dons' as Wimbledon have requested. Appropriating a history that is not theirs. Although they are reasonably supported at home in terms of numbers, how solid that support is is debatable, as demonstrated by their very poor away support.
Agreed. It serves no purpose and only reminds everyone of their acrimonious origins. They should simply be called Milton Keynes FC or better still Milton Keynes City, which would better advertise the city.

Last edited:
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
What else is there to do in MIlton Keynes on a Saturday? (LOL)).
Actually, quite a lot. I used to live a few miles away and worked there for four years. It had a negative reputation, mainly from people who had never been there. The residents love it. It is a new city which was planned and designed to keep traffic moving and separate from people. You can walk or cycle miles without having to cross a road. There are plenty of parks and leisure facilities.

Player
aldo
we are bigger than than them . i think so . we have a better fan base than they will ever have we have two huge teams and still take 750 away and 6125 at home better than most lg 2 teams and most lg 1 teams .

drwhoman

I am sorry if my light comment struck a nerve BBTC. It was clumsy and not intended to hurt. A couple of years ago I was in MK before visiting Bletchley Park which was fascinating. I imagine that as is the case in most places these days, many fans will gravitate to the Premier League and London is not that far away. Hoping for a win tomorrow!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Milton Keynes are a decent footballing side, who seem to have returned to some form, despite last weekend’s loss to Lincoln, after an earlier indifferent spell. They will be a difficult opponent.

I would agree that a win is needed here to keep us in with a strong chance of an automatic spot. Will be interesting to see if Micky goes with two up front, as finished at Newport or goes with the same starting line-up as that game.

Despite good home crowds, Milton Keynes don’t take that many on their travels and despite the importance of this game to both clubs, looks like they’ll only bring around 350, so unless home fans turnout in force, a lower attendance than Carlisle, probably not reaching 8k. Think the points will be shared in a score draw.