• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Mariners

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grimsby

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Mariners
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, November 21, 2020 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, November 21, 2020 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It is Grimsby next up for Dawesy's Super White Army.

The Mariners now have a high profile manager in Ian Holloway but have been pretty medicore since regaining Football League status, and this is the kind of game we have to win if we are serious about promotion. With two further home games to follow, there is an opportunity to develop real momentum.

Paul Lewis is apparently back in training, but I expect we will be unchanged from the side that beat Port Vale last week. Woolery and Ferrier both made an impact from the bench in that game, but probably won't make the starting line up. Joe Murphy is available to benchwarm having recovered from illness.

Player
aldo
Well after last week's brilliant result and a fully fit team. apart from Liam,s injury, I for one have missed the midweek game Daws and Parky have had a week on the training pitches to get the boys organized a bit more hear is really looking forward to Saturday, such a shame the fans can,t see it. I am going for a good home win not sure of the team but don't think there will be to much change to the team, I am going 3-1

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
No idea who plays for Grimsby only know there manager, always liked Hollowst seems a character. Think Lewis back in training so only Ridehalgh & Payne missing on going for a win 2 1

Player
Manager
John King
Luke Waterfall and Kyle Bennett are the only outfield players I really know, although their keeper McKeown is decent.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
They've been pretty poor this season and with an upswing in our performances, I'm hoping we can put a few past them on Saturday.
2-0 Rovers. Vaughan brace.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Dawes said pre match that he doesn’t like changing a winning team but surely O’Connor has to come back in for Nelson.
Ex Bradford Target man James Hanson should have a decent battle with Clarke and Manny if he plays

Player
aldo
just want the fun and attacking football to go on for Longer this is what we want attacking football goals goals and more goals, let's have some fun before we go back to either 1 up top or a defensive manager comes in and we go back to normal Tranmere, we all want games where we are hated and we score lots of goals so let's get on the positive Daws Rollercoaster, just remember what cook and Norwood was like Always celebrated in front of the home fans and they hated it we won't more of that bring it on

Player
ian goodison
after my feeble attempt to get the Harrogate home game on I follow (1st half a blank screen) before getting a picture can,t comment on who should play just agree with AM lets keep the run going great to see the reaction after the morris goal at port vale last week seems a real team spirit around the squad at the moment

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Looking like it might be a swansong for the Dawes/Parky caretaker bosses. The Mariners won their last league game, home to Barrow and their games have been low-scoring affairs, so not expecting a repeat of last weekend's goal-fest.

It would make sense to start O'Connor at right-back, but otherwise, fitness permitting, stick with the side who came back with all the points from the Potteries.

Player
Manager
John King
Feeney and O'Connor return, Lloyd on the bench. Makes sense, as I thought Lloyd was struggling for fitness at Vale.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Pleased feeney back as our most creative player arguably and excellent on set pieces: O’Connor had to come in. Strong looking bench too.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Great. Hopefully see some good football being played.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
As strong as line-up and bench as you could hope for. Will it translate into a good result or does the managerial uncertain have any impact?

ADD

Player
Norwood
Thought that without a mid week game Lloyd would have been good to go but either way it is a great bench.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Great assist from McDonald who is playing far more forward now

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Feeney set piece does the business again as Clarke heads in at the second attempt.

2-0