• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Mansfield

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Mansfield

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Mansfield
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Friday, March 11, 2022 - 07:45 PM
Until: Friday, March 11, 2022 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
ian goodison
I know 1 game doesn't make a season but I take back all my previous seasons moans, that was a cracking game of football both teams trying to play it on the ground, cracking atmosphere but to bang in the winner after allowing them back in the game was brilliant, I often criticise micky and after saying to my son-in-law I would change warrington for foley only to see the pass he made for nevitt I,ll stick to the stands.

Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
Accurate reflection from RLC.
Humdinger of an ending and puts some of our recent disappointments to bed.
Terrific atmosphere for most of the night.
Clough did us a favour by waving his team forward after their equaliser at the end leaving space for us to attack.
We’ve beaten a very strong Mansfield side and I’d like to follow it up with another three points on Tuesday though so tonight doesn’t get tarnished.
My son’s buzzing and that’ll be one he remembers for a long time.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well, I never expected that second half! You have to love Fri night football at Prenton Park. There is something magic about it. Cracking atmosphere and real good second half thriller. I have to admit, when it went 2-2 I thought we'd done it again, conceding late on but Rovers kept battling and it was great to see. We have not seen that mental toughness for a while and they got their rewards. As RLC says, Mansfield were happy to sit back in the second half and we had numerous chances to score.

I thought it wasn't going to be our night when good chances from Mcpake (hitting the post) and Glatzel (just before his injury) were squandered but up steps Nevitt to put away two excellent goals and send the SWA into raptures. Brilliant night and back up to 3rd for tonight at least! I really hope that gives the lads some confidence going into another home game on Tues night. If we can manage to bring home another three points on Tues it could be a very important week for Rovers.

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
yes ive got a sore throat and will defo have a sore head the place went mad with Nevitt,s last min goal,as for Glatz are we bringing him back to soon always out after coming back,do we have time for this with hiim

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Massive result. After leading twice, anything but a win would have dealt a blow to our confidence and prospects. The character showed will lift everyone associated with this club. Injuries to two key players failed to dampen spirits.

We are currently in auto and will remain in at least the playoffs tomorrow. If we’d drawn we could have been out of contention tomorrow evening.

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
10 games to go and we will go on a crazy Nevitt Roller coaster now hope he gets playing time and goes on a run,MM says Glatz hammy gone again you have to feel for the boy

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
10 games to go and we will go on a crazy Nevitt Roller coaster now hope he gets playing time and goes on a run,MM says Glatz hammy gone again you have to feel for the boy
Yes, looks like he will be out for some time again. You could see the anguish in his face.

We have just got to hope Morris is ok.

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
yes MM says he is gutted, yes realy hope Morris is ok was good seeing the two wingers on the pitch at the same time

frenchrover

Player
aldo
A lively start to the game saw us take that early lead but then we lost our way somewhat foregoing football for a period of head tennis which allowed Mansfield to dominate the rest of the half. Losing the lead so late in the first-half injury time could have caused the heads to drop but that was not to be the case with some brilliant football being played by Rovers throughout the second period. Mansfield are a decent side and battled hard to get back into the game after Nevitt retook the lead for the Whites on 76 minutes. Despite some decent play by both sides it seemed that our victory was to be cruelly denied by Mansfield's equaliser n the first minute of injury time but great credit to Rovers fighting back a second time, and particular credit to young Nevitt for remaining as cool as ice in netting his second of the night when knowing that failure to score would almost certainly mean dropping 2 extremely precious points. Credit to the whole team in raising their game, playing some of their best football for some long time, and refusing to surrender despite two potentially dispiriting equalisers. Onwards to Tuesday and hopefully upwards.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Fantastic night; even my son loved it. Great character shown and nights like this compensate for a lot of other stuff. It was full- blooded and feisty both on and off the pitch. Magic! Due to an upcoming operation it could be my last visit of the season and if it is what a great memory! I think I may owe the club a seat - the back couldn't stand my collapse into it after the first half cross that 2 Rovers failed to connect with. Mind you after that result I'm sure MP will stretch to a tube of araldite!

Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
Fantastic night; even my son loved it. Great character shown and nights like this compensate for a lot of other stuff. It was full- blooded and feisty both on and off the pitch. Magic! Due to an upcoming operation it could be my last visit of the season and if it is what a great memory! I think I may owe the club a seat - the back couldn't stand my collapse into it after the first half cross that 2 Rovers failed to connect with. Mind you after that result I'm sure MP will stretch to a tube of araldite!
Ha, love it. Good luck with the operation ONIGP

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Good luck with the op.
Glad Geoff enjoyed the game. I hope next time he comes he can perform The Ballad of Tranmere Rovers to the crowd before the game as Nicola agreed when Covid was at its worst. If we go up, maybe I’ll have to write another verse!!

Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
I had a row of about six or seven Scandinavian first-time visitors sat next to me who were relatively subdued for our first two goals, but we’re on their feet joining in the wild celebrations at the end. You’d like to think they’d be keen to come back after that. Great advert for the club and to any neutral in attendance. The kind of game that reminds you why you go week in week out and why football can occasionally be the ultimate experience; I guess you’ve gotta go through the bad days to fully appreciate the good ones!

Player
ian goodison
well said GTS as you say makes up for some awful games, my birthday this week and my son-in-law bought me Tuesday's ticket for me, I made the joke I was staying in to wash my hair!!!!!!! then typical rovers you come away buzzing, that's rovers for you.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I had a row of about six or seven Scandinavian first-time visitors sat next to me who were relatively subdued for our first two goals, but we’re on their feet joining in the wild celebrations at the end. You’d like to think they’d be keen to come back after that. Great advert for the club and to any neutral in attendance. The kind of game that reminds you why you go week in week out and why football can occasionally be the ultimate experience; I guess you’ve gotta go through the bad days to fully appreciate the good ones!
I agree 100%. Sadly, there are too many bad days supporting any club - especially Tranmere! Chelsea are world champions and even their fans are having a worrying time at the moment.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Excellent result and full credit to Nevitt when he got his chances. Composed finishing with two great set ups by Warrington also.
MM deserves full credit for bringing back Murphy - I am sure he would have preferred not to but as he said in his post match interview the greater good of Tranmere is more important than anything.
Also fascinated that MM insisted afterwards that we had to win last night and that a draw was no good. Hopefully now that we have once again shown as he said we are a good side that we won't go back to playing to sneak a goal as I genuinely feel we can score more than most teams in this division if we set up to do so.
He also mentioned that the mentality of some of the players had not been right in recent games but that it clearly was right last night so hopefully whatever issues there had been in the dressing room they have been sorted.
Feel very sorry for Glatzel - looks sadly like one of those players who simply is too injury prone and will struggle to ever get to the level he deserves to be - must be gutting for him and despite Nevitt's goals last night will hamper us for the rest of the season. Hope Morris is is not too badly injured also.