• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Mansfield

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Mansfield

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Mansfield
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Friday, March 11, 2022 - 07:45 PM
Until: Friday, March 11, 2022 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

ADD

Player
Norwood
In his pre match interview Micky said that Spearing could be back for the Sutton game.
Yes that would be very good news if he is. When he was first injured it was queried whether he would even be able to get his place back. Maybe in retrospect we have missed him more than some of us (and I include myself in that) perhaps expected given his influential presence on the field.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Spearing is always one of those types of players who is an unsung hero and doesn’t get the credit he deserves. It’s only when he’s missing you see how important he is.

Really need to get behind the lads tonight to roar them onto getting the first goal

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Interesting line-up. The big call is Murphy replacing Doohan, we revert to a back four with Macdnald and Davies back in, while Hemmings and Glatzel start up front.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Sone random changes by Micky, I am not confident but hopefully we win

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Murphy in is a big call but not a massive shock. Hope it works

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ohh dear.. such a good start wiped out just before half time. In all truth, we’ve been pretty poor since the goal and Mansfield have slowly been getting on top. Murphy with two great saves before the goal and Rovers has a great chance when the ball flew past the goal but no one could tap it in

Not particularly confident for the second half as I think Mansfield are playing the better football and look more confident.

drwhoman

A goal to Longstaff. On loan striker who has had big raps in the past. I am surprised he is playing in L2 which is why he is having such a big influence at Mansfield. Let us hope for a Rovers come back in the second half. Friday night football was always full of drama in the days long ago when I was a regular at Prenton.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Rovers under the cosh for a long spell after Clarke’s early goal. It seemed like we’d ridden the storm and had a couple of decent chances as the half edged into the 6 minutes added time, only for Mansfield to grab the equaliser right at the end of the half.

Like Ian I’m a bit apprehensive about what the second half will bring. We have to find a way of gaining more possession and denying them the ball in dangerous areas. Just don’t feel the luck is with us at present.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Despite the early goal they have been much the better team and have been very impressive, we will do well get a point

Reactions: Boz

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I was wrong. Great finish from Nevitt

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Excellent performance from Rovers and I thought we fully deserved the win. In the first half Mansfield moved the ball well and had a lot of possession in the middle third of the pitch, but I thought we looked the sharper and hungrier side and won a lot of the fifty fifty battles. In the second half there was only one team in it, with Mansfield apparently settling for a point and only showing any attacking intent in the last ten minutes when they went 343 and threw Hawkins up front.

You have to give the players enormous credit for the character they showed tonight, We conceded very late, and very cruelly, in both halves, but we kept pushing for the winner. We were also seriously disrupted by the injuries to Morris and Glatzel, but still finished the game as the stronger side.

I thought there were some very good individual displays, with Warrington producing two fantastic through balls for the second and third goals. In fairness, I was not confident that Nevitt would finish either chance, but how wrong I was. Those goals have to give his confidence a huge boost, which will be important if Glatzel is out again for an extended period. It was noticeable tonight that both full backs were far more aggressive and showed more attacking intent than in recent games. I thought McPake and O'Connor also had very good matches.

Roll on Tuesday night.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Nights like that are why we support and love the club, unbelievable night.
The second half we played really well kept it on the floor well and looked a decent team after struggling at times to cope with them in the first half.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
it was a great result against a good Mansfield side who are going to be up there at the end of the season. Two quality finishes from Nevitt and a much improved performance from Rovers, though we should have made things more difficult for their second goal. There seemed to be a lot more space on the left side of the park for us, though McPake with his good close ball control played really well. Going to bed happy tonight :)