• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Man United

Rovers v Man United
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Sunday, January 26, 2020 - 03:00 PM
Until: Sunday, January 26, 2020 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
aldo
same again please lads they will prob play the kiddies they are going to hate the pitch ques for tickets are going to be long . looks like im getting free ones great knowing the guys in the know lol

Player
aldo
oh not forgetting with the Tv and another full house . the club should make at least 500k from the two games . now lets hope mm gets a few quid to spend lol

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Will this be the most watched match in our history ? I would guess the only other game that could compete with it would be the League Cup final in 2000, but every United game is watched by global audiences of tens of millions.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Interesting point RLC! You are probably right. It hasn't really sunk in yet as I'm still buzzing from last night.

Player
ian goodison
don,t think united will play the kids AM soiskjaer will be worried about getting the sack, imagine rovers beating them after their recent league results

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Fully expecting a drubbing irrespective of the team United field - although I would not expect it be a particularly weak one. And do I care? Not really. It has been a fantastic cup run particularly with the away replay win against Wycombe and beating Watford has been a massive bonus. Any kind of result from the United match would be directly out of dreamland. Whatever happens it will be a great build up, atmosphere and day to remember and all eyes will be one of world football's greatest and most iconic teams being visited by Man Utd.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Fully expecting a drubbing irrespective of the team United field - although I would not expect it be a particularly weak one. And do I care? Not really. It has been a fantastic cup run particularly with the away replay win against Wycombe and beating Watford has been a massive bonus. Any kind of result from the United match would be directly out of dreamland. Whatever happens it will be a great build up, atmosphere and day to remember and all eyes will be one of world football's greatest and most iconic teams being visited by Man Utd.
Love it !

I don't think there will be a repeat of the Spurs game. For all our problems in the league, we have much better players technically than twelve months ago, as some of our football last night demonstrated.

However, I think United will play a strong team and we will be without the ball for most of the game. A very different challenge to last night's match.

Player
Ian Goodison
As a Wirral ex pat who has lived in a flat over the water from Old Trafford here in Salford Quays for a decade i cannot wait for this game, speaking to the locals (mostly not from Salford/Manchester but live here) they expect United to field a strong side as Solskjaer job is on the line..

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
they expect United to field a strong side as Solskjaer job is on the line..
I hope so. If we are to play Premiership teams I want to see Premeiership players, not a bunch of kids.

drwhoman

The Cup is really all Utd have left. We should expect the first team. OGS will be still be under pressure unless they whallop us. But so what, ultimately it is about the money that might allow us to strengthen sufficiently to stay in L1. Xmas has come late here!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It will be a great occasion. United will certainly field their strongest team. There is no point risking defeat. The pitch and the SWA will be great levellers. The TV audience, as RLC says, will be huge. I would guess that on Sunday TRFC will be known to more than twice as many people worldwide as yesterday. I can't contemplate a Rovers win, but we have already achieved at least two miracles this season.

Player
aldo
with over 9k sold its going to be sold out by the morning . great effort by our fans . lets enjoy this its our day we have nothing to lose . the club making loads of cash and we will see some super stars . in the likes of a man built like the prevebial MAMMY and the whippet that is DANNS.. and the Terrier that is PERKINS . with the bravest of them all getting the winner in the 95th min who is the man mountain Connor Jennings would love that to happen . not sure if its a big game on sunday or not lol but lets just do it again lads you deserve it and bloody good show and about time to at least we know they can do it

Player
aldo
when was the last time pp was sold out in less than 24hrs thats looking like its going to happen again amazing BUY THE BEST FANS IN THE WORLD . we need a bigger ground lol
imagine if we could do it week in week out .the club would be so better off . so please come back glory hunters

Player
aldo
also united play city on wednesday . ok they are losing 3-1 but they wont wana lose that lets hope they just don,t want to use the big guns on our mud bath

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I’d imagine Utd are of the mindset that they have to win against us and will put out a side they think is strong enough to do that regardless of the pending City game. Wouldn’t expect that to be just reserve players.

drwhoman

OGS will probably have to clear his locker unless they win well! See how the fancy pants deal with the sand!

Player
aldo
np saying last night 19000 people trying to get tickets so the internet sight was crashing all the time they now only doing it in shop amazing how the whole world wants to be part of the fun

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Wonder how Rovers will line up. Think I'd be inclined to go 532 with Wilson and Caprice as wing-backs a midfield trio of Perkins Danns and Morris and Connor Jennings just behind whichever striker is fit.