• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

rovers v macc

Player
aldo
i know its early lets hope we show then the same respect . that they showed us last season . oh wait a mo that vid . i hope the whole rovers white army sing who the f£$%&k are tranmere . hope mm dustes the vid of them doing it and gives the players a showing b4 the game . he shouldnt have to say mutch b4 that should motivate them if that wont nothing will . and now we have found goals from the mf . at last noors has help noors has 8 smith has 3 then gharvey has 2 and 2 or 3 on 1 we have to spread the goals more

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
We've not had the best of records against the Silkmen in recent times. Last season after Rovers were unlucky to go in behind, we got torn apart by Durrell in the second half and ended up well beaten at 1-4. Fortunately for us, he's out injured at present. The visitors haven't recorded a win in L2 (yet) and have just got rid of their manager and have the evergreen Danny Whitaker as part of a makeshift management team,taking charge for the first time. Ex Rovers keeper Rhys Taylor fell out of favour under former manager, Yates, but may be back in contention ahead of their Man United loanee keeper now.

For Rovers, the assumption is that Zoum might be out with a hamstring injury. If that is the case, would expect Buxton to move to left-back and Caprice to come in at right-back, thus preserving the McNulty-Monthe central defensive pairing. Otherwise, it's more likely that MM will stick with one up front, Norwood likely to replace Mullin. However, I did wonder if Micky would give the Norwood-Mullin pairing another go, as Paul wasn't given any game time in the Checkatrade and one up might seem a tad defensive given the opponent. It would be very hard on last weekend's MoM, Harvey Gilmour, were he not to feature.

I would expect the crowd to hover around the 6k mark, hard to gauge how many Macc will travel, couple of hundred at best. As for the result, anything could happen, but I'm not expecting a stroll.

Last edited:
Player
ian goodison
lets hope we concentrate on doing our own job and and take 3 points Friday everyone is beatable if we play as well as we can i,m going for 2-0 Norwood & smith

Player
aldo
would think it would be the same team at last saturday with noors coming in 4 mullin . and bucko coming in 4 zoom . cant see mutch changing otherwise , not gonna be easy and the weather supposed ti be bad . im going 3-1 with harvey smith an the lord getting em getting close to 5000 sold so should be 6k plus , also interesting what mm said abt tuesday night . he did not sound to pleased .

Player
aldo
I think the battering the team got on Tuesday might work in are favour. The team might have been complacent going into fridays game . And listening to mm on yutube says it all think it will focus the players . Just need to get the 3 points

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Will be a tricky game but think we will win 2 0

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
They may be managerless, but they will be fired up against their local rivals. They are winless in 12 matches this season, but are one game short of equalling the EFL record for games without a victory. In 2011-2012, when they were last in League Two, they failed to win any of their last 23 games (half a season!). Derby County hold the record with 36 games in 2007-2008.

We can't be complacent. They have been unlucky on a number of occasions. It's important we start well and don't give them a sniff of blood.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, I don't think this will be easy at all. Although regardless of the result, I do love a bit of Fri night football, reminds me of the good old days! Rovers to win 3-1.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
No, not on TV BBTC, just switched for reasons of tradition.

Although there are a few bad omens ahead of this game - Macc's winless run, change of manager and our poor recent record against them - our opponents have a number of key players missing through injury (Durrell, Lloyd, Whittaker) and have been poor all season. If we play as we have been in recent weeks we will win the game. Given the weather forecast, my biggest concern at the moment is a postponement, or the game being rendered a lottery by the conditions.

Regarding team selection, surely Monthe would move to left back if Zoum is out, with either Buxton or Ellis filling in at centre back ? Further forward, I would expect MM to retain the 451, with Gilmour keeping his place and Norwood deployed as a lone striker.

If the weather is not atrocious we should get a 6,000 gate, with about 300 from Macclesfield. Victory would take us up to fourth, if only overnight, and this is a great opportunity to cement a place in the top seven.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Interested why you think splitting up Monthe-McNulty in central defence is more likely than Buxton at left-back and Caprice at right-back? I’d be very surprised if we used Buxton in central defence unless going to 3 at the back.

Player
Manager
John King
Having said that, Buxton was used on the left side of defence on Tuesday night, so perhaps it is Mellon's intention to play him at left back.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I don’t have particularly strong feelings either way about how we fill the Zoum gap. However, Buxton played a bit at left-back when he joined us, as well as being deployed there in midweek, when you and others thought he was one of our better players. Micky has deployed Smith on the ‘wrong’ side of the pitch before, so it would be no surprise seeing Adam lining up at left-back on Friday.

Player
Manager
John King
I thought we had played a back five on Tuesday, with Buxton as a left centre back. However, others thought it was a back four with Buxton at left back.

Adam can do a job right across the defence, but in general I think full backs should be using their favoured foot. It is a bit different with wingers, who have the option to cut inside and allow the full back to overlap.

Either way, we have coped without Zoum on other occasions this season.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Don't know if Ellis was any better or worse than those around him on Tuesday but he was a tad unlucky to lose his place a few weeks back.
I'm with RLC, put Manny on left because we know for sure he can perform there. If so, Ellis back in.
It's a pity about the weather, just hope a swirling wind doesn't prove to be a leveller.
Not a game we'll be allowed to forget in a hurry if we don't pick up the points.
We can't be the team that brings to an end EVERY opposition's losing/scoreless/no away wins run can we?
It just seems like it!!

Player
aldo
3-1 mm will have them fired up think tuesday a few home truths will have been said . ok most of em had not played for a while but most of em are first team players who let em selfs down . and i think mm will have told em

Player
aldo
they should play a certen vid of the macc players . singing a certen song no mercy no complacency . just get 3 points then move on get in there faces give em nothing . as they sang last year WHO THE F%&$*K ARE TRANMERE ROVERS . lets all sing the same song tonight it will be quite funney if we do

Player
ian goodison
lets make sure we are 3-0 up first AM then we can sing all we like but understand your sentiment