• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

EFL Trophy Rovers v Liverpool Under 21s

Rovers v Liverpool Under 21s
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Tuesday, September 29, 2020 - 07:00 PM
Until: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
giphy.gif

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
2-1 with 2 quick fire Vaughan goals.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I know. I got so excited it deserved a GIF!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
2-2

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
giphy.gif

3-2. Payne.

Player
aldo
plus 10k for the win will help the important thing will be the confidence the lads will get from winning

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
plus 10k for the win will help the important thing will be the confidence the lads will get from winning
Although I cant stand the competition we've got 35k so far from it which is invaluable this season.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
A decent performance from Rovers and a reasonably entertaining game.

We played a 532 in both halves, with Woolery and Payne up front in the first half. Vaughan's finishes were excellent, particularly for his second goal where he was pushed wide but managed to curl a shot beyond the keeper to the far side of the goal. Both of the assists came from George Ray bizarrely enough. Payne's winner was a tidy effort as well.

Other than the goalscorers, I thought Woolery looked really sharp but came off at half time with a knock, hopefully nothing serious. Ellis and Nelson both played well.

It will be interesting to see what we do at the weekend now. I know there will be a lot of pressure to play two strikers, but we were up against fairly lightweight opposition tonight.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I had reservations about selecting such a strong squad for this game and if Woolery isn't available for the weekend that is a concern. On balance, the fact that both Vaughan and Payne got on the scoresheet and we ran out winners, with hopefully no other injuries has got to be seen as a positive we can build on, regardless of the strength of the opponent.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I decided to watch the game in the end and I thought we were fairly lacklustre in the first half. Liverpool passed it around better than we did and could have been three or four up at HT. They had some excellent chances to score. We never looked like scoring in the first half. The second half was much better and with experienced heads coming on, it proved too much in the end but it was a tighter game than I had anticipated and I thought their young lads put in a decent display. I still have big concerns about our attacking strengths with Vaughan standing out a mile compared to our other attacking options.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We really could do with another striker especially a target man type but I think unless we got a loan in that may well be it.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I also cannot figure Payne out. He looks terrible most of the time on the ball and in the air but quite often he pops up with a goal. It was a neat finish for the winner too.