• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

EFL Trophy Rovers v Liverpool Under 21s

Rovers v Liverpool Under 21s
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Tuesday, September 29, 2020 - 07:00 PM
Until: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I would play a complete fringe team for this game and treat the competition with the contempt it deserves. The bulk of the regulars are up to speed now in terms of basic fitness and we can't afford any more injuries.

I would guess Murphy, Nelson, Payne, DWR, Lewis, Woolery and perhaps Ellis will start. We might even recall George Ray from his Siberian gulag for a place on the bench.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Are you paying for an Ifollow pass for this one, RLC?

Agree with your sentiment about line-ups, save think I’d be inclined to protect Woollery and limit him to a half hour off the bench.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Have zero interest in this but hope the fringe players get a good run out.

ADD

Player
Norwood
I would also like to see how the 3 youngsters get on... assume they will all play and Burton is a CF...
Mcdonald will also start no doubt.
I wonder now we have played some League games how many changes we are allowed to make? woolery coming on on Saturday for 8 minutes may also have been useful so he counts as one of the "retained" players from the previous game to ensure he gets some more match minutes whilst we can effectively rest one more first team player we want to protect.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Dwr likely to play I would think but not sure the 1st year pros will

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I would play Spearing and Woolery for fitness but replace them at halftime. That would be two of the required players.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
6 defenders in the starting line up, guessing Macdonald playing in midfield.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
That’s a surprisingly strong line up and bench, with DWR and the first year pros not featuring at all.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Amazed by that lineup to be frank. Was expecting a much reduced lineup - and not having DWR on the bench baffles me. Has he gone out on loan without us being told or is he injured maybe?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Not all that surprising as most of the XI are fringe players that need games. Strong bench though.