• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

EFL Trophy Rovers v Leicester Under 21s

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Lloyd must be second top scorer now surely? Although wouldn’t take much!!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Rovers have been very good in attack though the Leicester goal was decent. Don’t think the game is won yet though.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It probably is over now, quality 4th finished by Blackett-Taylor

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Haha, shame, he was doing well.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
An accomplished performance from Rovers against weak opposition. Leicester came back into it a bit after their second goal, but the scoreline flatters them overall.

I thought some of our football was excellent, albeit we were never put under any real pressure physically. Ferrier led the line well, Lloyd was sharp, CBT was better than in recent weeks, Ray did ok again and Manny was solid. Man of the match was Ollie Banks whose passing was superb throughout, although their midfielders did not lay a glove on him. Khan actually did well at full back, using his technique to play his way out of trouble, but I would not want to see him there in a league game. Lewis was pretty quiet again and looks low on confidence.

The last two performances have been encouraging, so hopefully we can carry some confidence into Saturday and the glut of league games that follow.

Player
aldo
yes but he has 1 good game then misses 6 weeks injured, his contract, as well as Payne, is up in the summer, the money from this cup run will be amazingly helpful, also great that Lloyd got goals tonight as well as Ferrier and CBT, play as well as that at the weekend I will be well happy

Player
Manager
John King
I am not his greatest fan, but just wanted to give him credit where it was due.

Payne is back in training now and is of a similar standard I think.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Some much needed income for the club but th important games start again on Saturday and we really need to quickly pick up wins to move up the table.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
A pleasing result which will boost confidence and help Keith get to know his players better. His gamble with the full backs his choice of formation both paid off.
Having seen off the last of the U21 sides, we are the only League Two side left. A game against Sunderland, Lincoln or Hull awaits.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I wish Banks would play like that every game. Superb passing and vision.

Player
Manager
John King
The draw is not actually regionalised in the next round, so we could play anybody (preferably MK, Wimbledon or Oxford).

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It was a comfortable win and the manager has seen some fringe players turn in decent performances. Agree Banks was the stand-out player with some excellent long passes for the forwards to run onto. There were also good showings from Ferrier, unsure if he went off injured or cramping and Lloyd, while CBT was much more involved of late and scored the goal of the game, a real team effort with Banks initiating. I didn't think Lewis did much wrong, but one decent cross aside, he didn't register much in the credit column either. Nice cameos for Nugent and Hayde, though Burton's absence was a puzzle and if he was fit would have been worth at least a place on the bench. Vaughan was a bit disappointing when he came on trying to be a bit too clever on occasion and it not coming off. Defensively, I would not want to see a re-run of Khan at right-back... ever. It was worth a try but just too risky for a league game. Morris did ok at left-back and the central pair were relatively untroubled. Both Leicester goals seemed to be a consequence of allowing them too much space though.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Sounds like Banks impressed but a bit wary that this was against fairly poor opposition. I still think he’s very hit and miss and a bit cumbersome at times.

Player
Manager
John King
Keith Hill has confirmed there have ben more Covid cases, which probably explains some of the absences tonight. Hopefully we can get a reasonable side together for Saturday.