• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Iron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Rovers go in search of their first double of the season against a struggling Scunthorpe side put to the sword by Sheffield United on Boxing Day. Brian Laws replaced Alan Knill as manager of Scunny a couple of months ago, but has not brought a signifcant improvement in form: United's away record is actually pretty reasonable, but they have been dreadful at Glanford Park and have not been helped by the departure of their best player, Leon Clarke, to Coventry.

I would expect Rovers to start in a 4-4-2 with the same eleven as Boxing Day. Scunthorpe may well play five in the middle and park the bus, so a bright start and an early goal may be crucial to getting a win. With Sheffield United likely to rack up a cricket score at home to Hartlepool, a good victory will be vital for Rovers to stay in touch at the top of the table. Win here and we have a realistic chance of getting to 50 points by 5 pm on New Year's Day, an incredible achievement should we manage it.

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
4-0 win for Tranmere,a battering according to my daughter (She didnt say battering though, lol)

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
As an aside, it is interesting to note that since our mauling at the County Ground both of Swindon's games have been called off, thus taking the wind out of their sails somewhat.

Must be karma.......

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I think that this will be a tight game, Scunny intent on damage-limitation, will be a much less attractive proposition that Crewe. Unchanged line-up likely.

Prediction: About 5.7k will see a narrow Rovers victory. Would be nice to see Jake Cassidy sign-off with a goal.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
get an early goal we can smash these

longer we go without one the more difficult it will be

should win tho anything less would be awful

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, we should win this, but I have a feeling we'll do it the hard way. Forgettable first half followed by the odd goal in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.