• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Ipswich

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It seems there will be a timely return of a number of injured players for this game. Banks, Davies, RHM and Jennings are all available for selection and it was interesting to hear Micky state that Banks would have played against Watford on Tuesday.

I would start with the following team:

Davies
Caprice Clarke Monthe Ridehalgh
Morris Banks / Danns Woodyard CBT
Jennings
Ferrier

Although RHM is available, I think Jennings has looked really good playing just off Ferrier recently and I would not change the shape of the team. There was a long and interesting pre-match interview with Mellon on Ifollow where he talked about Connor's development and improvement this season, the influence of Clarke on the defence and Woodyard in midfield, and player development more generally.

Ipswich had been in poor form recently but got decent results against Accy and Oxford in their last two matches. They obviously have a lot of quality, including Nors who makes his first return to Prenton Park.

A draw would be a good result on paper, but at some point in the near future we have to start winning games, and the upcoming fixtures don't look much easier for Rovers.

We have already sold 6,400 tickets, including 1,100 from Suffolk, so there is sure to be another decent gate.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
That’s a decent following for the tractor boys given the distance. Just hope the game is on guess they’ll make an early decision on Saturday if one is needed.

Agree with RLC line up and mickys interview was interesting, altho he goes on and on about lack of finances. All he got asked was were we bringing anyone else in during the window and he nearly sent me to sleep going on about everyone thinks were rich when we ain’t. Talk about paranoia - all people want to know is if any other signings are in the pipeline

Player
Manager
John King
I think he is just trying to scotch the Cook / Mayor etc. rumours and manage expectations.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
If the game bless ahead I can only see an away win

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Hopefully the game will go ahead, not least because of the decent gate, which would shrink if re-scheduled to midweek sometime.

Wonder who Banks would replace in the Watford game, had it gone ahead. However, now that we've got his creativity back as an option, it does leave Micky with the choice of playing a back 3 and using Morris as wing-back, which think he might go for. If we do go 4411 as RLC suggests, might be a case for using RHM rather than CBT in the wide role. I don't have the confidence that a midfield featuring both Ollie and Corey would do enough work off the ballincluding tracking back

You'd have to hope the pitch would act as a leveller, but fear bigmart may be right, with Norwood inevitably on the score-sheet.

ADD

Player
Norwood
I would probably make a couple of changes from RLC's initial suggestion
MM says Woods isn't available as of yesterday but he would see how it went - based on previous such comments I expect him to be fit so would start him ahead of Caprice!!
How nice it must be for MM to for the first time this season have a surfeit of midfielders!!
I would not drop Danns for Banks and instead would have Morris, Banks, Danns and Woodyard in midfield with Jennings playing off Ferrier up front.
CBT I see as best suited to an impact player role as he simply does not defend enough plus the terrible pitch will not be conducive to his play either.
That said no matter how we set up it will be a tough game but am optimistic we might get something from the game as despite our attacking play lacking invention against Southend we looked much more solid defensively.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
My Wirral contacts say there's been some rain/hail this evening, so is this fixture in doubt again?

I was going to get a Blackpool ticket, but if we did make the 4th round, it would be moved to midweek and slim prospects of me making the game.

Player
Manager
John King
There was intermittent heavy rain between 7 and 9, which has now stopped. It is now forecast to be dry for the next seven days.

I think the pitch is still covered at the moment, so the issue may be whether the existing damage has repaired sufficiently. I would guess the club will make an early announcement tomorrow.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Thanks RLC. As I'm travelling by train tomorrow, can delay final decision until midday, hope something decided by then.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think they'll know pretty soon tomorrow.

Player
aldo
i have been told the pitch has been coverd 3 days and has dryed out a fair bite the game will go ahead . as for the liverpool girlies the money the club gets from LFCis to good to turn down and mp just can,t turn it down . i have got a couple of free tickets for the replay its nice not having to pay for a change . lets get flaming positive guys we just might have a Supprise in stall for the town up the whites down the gloomers

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
AM, if you look back on your recent posts, you've been rightly critical about the state of the pitch. A couple of free tickets shouldn't alter that!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Good that Scott Davies is back and Connor Jennings fit to play. Given what was said about the Southend match, I’m surprised that Micky has gone for a midfield lacking much creativity.

rossb07

Player
Adam Buxton
Looks like 4 at the back of the pre match ritual is anything to go by.

Player
aldo
just not good enough and its piss poor . again another big crowd .can see st tickets dropping if they don,t sort team out in the summer .