• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Hull

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The question with Banks and this goes for a lot of the players in the squad are they good enough to do their jobs at this level? In Banks' situation, he's there to play those killer passes and give the strikers something to feed of. We've not seen much of that yet albeit it's early days but it's clear theres even less time on the ball in this division and you have to be pretty consistent in what you do.

Time will tell I guess.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The question with Banks and this goes for a lot of the players in the squad are they good enough to do their jobs at this level? In Banks' situation, he's there to play those killer passes and give the strikers something to feed of. We've not seen much of that yet albeit it's early days but it's clear theres even less time on the ball in this division and you have to be pretty consistent in what you do.

Time will tell I guess.
We don't know, but we have to bear in mind that we have played Portsmouth (title favourites) and Hull (Championship side) in two of our first three games. The next two matches will give us a better indication of whether we have made progress since Rochdale (I think we have in the attacking areas) and can actually compete at this level.

Hull's team last night was referred to above as their 'reserves' which I think is a bit wide of the mark. Most Championship clubs these days have twenty two players of first team standard, and Hull are no different. It was not a team of kids we lost to last night; there was some real quality and experience out there with Magennis, Honeyman and co. The majority of League One sides won't be at the same level.

Last edited: