• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Harrogate

Match result

• Rovers

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Harrogate

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Harrogate
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Tuesday, March 15, 2022 - 07:45 PM
Until: Tuesday, March 15, 2022 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I’m fairly sure glatzel is out of contract at the end of the season. I’d be surprised if Liverpool kept him on with his injury record. Like BBTC I’d like to see him back here depending on where we are next season, possibly on a low risk sort of contract.

As RLC says Micky made an interesting point post match about our lack of experience. My guess is several from last night: cogley, McDonald, hawkes, Warrington, OConnor and Nevitt have not previously been involved in a promotion campaign. Albeit Lee was with us last season. Also interesting mickys post match comments slightly critical of some of the SWA not being patient enough in the first half. Last night was the first home game I’ve missed this season but it’s never a surprise when 10 men can be tricky to break down but no surprise a few had a good old moan as that’s the way some people are
McDonald was also with us last season

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
As RLC says Micky made an interesting point post match about our lack of experience. My guess is several from last night: cogley, McDonald, hawkes, Warrington, OConnor and Nevitt have not previously been involved in a promotion campaign. Albeit Lee was with us last season. Also interesting mickys post match comments slightly critical of some of the SWA not being patient enough in the first half. Last night was the first home game I’ve missed this season but it’s never a surprise when 10 men can be tricky to break down but no surprise a few had a good old moan as that’s the way some people are
Doubt McPake or Doohan come to that will have had any experience of a promotion campaign either.

I alluded to Micky'telling the crowd to calm down earlier on the thread. I've never personally indulged in getting on player's backs or the team as a whole and it doesn't do them any good. There was a spell after Harrogate had seen Armstrong dismissed where we were sometimes overplaying and a lot of the passes didn't seem to come off and that prompted some murmurings in the crowd, so far as my ears could tell more frustration than anything abusive. There have been worse crowd reactions during Micky's time with us. Who knows if it was the manager being protective of his younger players, feeling the pressure himself or both, that caused his reaction. No harm came of it and things seemed to pick up on and off the pitch shortly after.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Forgot about McDonald and Doohan. Was thinking mcpake May have been involved with Harrogate non league success but perhaps not.