• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Harrogate

Match result

• Rovers

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Harrogate

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Harrogate
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Tuesday, March 15, 2022 - 07:45 PM
Until: Tuesday, March 15, 2022 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
We go again Tuesday would think the same team that finished will start I would play both the young wingers and get at them, would be nice to get Hemmings scoring goals, and hope Nevitt gets a few more 3-0 rovers

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, I think he will start with the same team providing Morris is fit to start and I'd imagine Glatzel will be replaced by Nevitt who should be bouncing after his brace on Saturday.

Mid table Harrogate are in relatively poor form having lost their last two games and no win in four. A win for Rovers would cap off a great week and the possibility to shoot back up to 2nd.

Other notable fixtures on Tues night:

FGR (1) v Orient (20)
Stevenage (22) v Northampton (2)
Carlisle (17) v Newport (3)
Exeter (5)
v Crawley (13)
Swindon (6) v Sutton (7)
Bristol Rovers (8)
v Colchester (19)

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It is crucial that we follow up Friday's result with another win. Harrogate, like Rovers have been in fairly patchy form recently and sounded like they were well-beaten at the weekend. However, they've already beaten us at PP in the P[zza Cup and have the players to pose an attacking threat, especially Armstrong and Diamond.

I'd imagine Rovers will line up similar to the side after Nevitt replaced Glatzel and assuming Morris isn't going to be ready for this. Going to be a close game, but if we're serious about promotion, one we must win.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I would think it will be the team that finished the game on Friday and hopefully a win 2 1.

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
and also as norm ive got parties on and can,t be there tonight

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
BBTC will be disappointed to know that I docked at 6 am and will be at Prenton Park tonight.....

Harrogate looked a decent side when we played the reverse fixture, and do have the dangerous Armstrong and Muldoon up front. However, their form has fallen off a cliff since then, and their recent away record is particularly poor. I don't think the Pizza Trophy meeting between the sides is of much relevance, as we played a seriously weakened team and Harrogate were at full strength. Despite our recent problems away from home against struggling sides, our home form remains superb and I think we will win the game.

I would expect we will line up with the side that finished the Mansfield game, excluding Foley, as Morris is unlikely to be fit.

A victory will probably take us back into the automatic promotion places, ahead of a crucial game at Sutton on Saturday.

Last edited:
Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
I’ve got a bad feeling about tonight; can’t for the life of me remember what underpants I was wearing on Friday! Looks like I could be going commando! I’ll need a win to warm me up!

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Should win this as long as we're up for it.
If no Glatzel I'd be tempted to keep Nevitt on bench and play Hawkes in the middle behind Hemmings as he too could thrive on Warrington through balls.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Hawkes and Nevitt for Glatzel and Morris with Maguire and Burton added to the bench

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Red card for them for 2 bookings in couple of minutes, we have to get on the front foot and take the game to them

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Forest Green Northampton Newport Exeter and Mansfield all lead, Sutton level with Swindon only port Vale currently losing

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Game is over as a contest so it is now over to us. Can we break down a 10-man defence? The GK has made a few good saves but I think they’ll crack second half.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Game is over as a contest so it is now over to us. Can we break down a 10-man defence? The GK has made a few good saves but I think they’ll crack second half.
A win is a must, just need to be more clinical

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I’m unsure that the game is over as a contest. We haven’t really made the man advantage tell yet and Harrogate weren’t that far away from a goal in the closing minutes. Other talking points of the first half, the ref has been pretty erratic and can’t hep but think we might see an evening up Red for Rovers. Also Micky seeming to lose his temper with the home Paddocks.