• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Harrogate

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I agree Ian. I’ve not seen many managers like Keith in terms of how he answers questions.
I think he’s beginning to relax. He must have been under tremendous pressure when he arrived to take over a winning team. He was on a hiding to nothing in the short term, so he needed time to get to know his players and to implement his system.

He comes over as a genuinely nice bloke who knows his football. After a few issues with some supporters, I think he has found a club where he is appreciated.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Only Mullin has scored more in League 2 than Vaughan. When you take into account that James has played fewer games their stats are very similar.
Strange that the top three scorers in the division all have a Rovers connection. Danny Johnson was on loan here in the NL days.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think he’s beginning to relax. He must have been under tremendous pressure when he arrived to take over a winning team. He was on a hiding to nothing in the short term, so he needed time to get to know his players and to implement his system.

He comes over as a genuinely nice bloke who knows his football. After a few issues with some supporters, I think he has found a club where he is appreciated.
I think the improvement since the Stevenage game is a direct response to the justified criticism he received after that match for performances and results in his first dozen games. I am pretty sure Palios had conversations with him which focussed a few minds.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Just out of interest, we are top of the League Two form table in the last fifteen games, with Morecambe second. Our form was obviously patchy in the middle of that sequence of games, but that form nonetheless demonstrates the quality we have in the squad.

If Clarke, Spearing and Vaughan all stay fit and don't suffer too much from fatigue, and Keith does not lose the plot, I think we will finish in the top three. I don't see a better squad than ours in the division.