• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Harrogate

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Morris and Rides on for Woolery and Lloyd.
Another nervy finish by the look of it

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
We've not killed the game off yet again. Don't see the rationale for these subs at this point.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Wow, great save from their keeper. MacDonald with a great header.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Need to start holding it up as coming back a lot

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Dear me. Not sure I can take that 3 times a week!! The result all that mattered but we’ve conceded 5 goals in the 3 home games which is a bit of a worry and we’ve not been able to kill teams off.

Given their away record though this was a very good result with a lot of tired legs

onwards and upwards and up to 8th with a tasty trip to Cole Stockton’s 3rd placed morcambe on Saturday.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Phew! This is not good for my heart. But we do seem to be able to close out games.
You have to feel sorry for the visitors. We had the luck. That penalty was the turning point.

Player
aldo
just outside the playoffs on goal difference and 4 amazing points off the top its bonkers, all said and done well in rovers the lads need a few days off

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Four points from top. Amazing really. Sometimes these games will be scrappy and you've got to dig deep and fight which they are doing. I'd like to see a bit more composure in the second half when we are in a good lead. We tend to be still booting balls up field, flying in with tackles etc.. still, gotta be happy with another three points and we are in a really good position now.

Player
aldo
who cares how many times have we been on the other end and not had the rub of the green, and after losing 3-0 to them in the season opener I don't care well done lads I am a happy bunny, also KH doing himself no harm

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Not the prettiest performance, or the best for the blood pressure, but another huge win. I don't think we were at our best all evening, but we had the few moments of quality when it mattered, and battled like hell to protect the lead. You certainly can't question the spirit of the players tonight.

In the first half I thought we looked very tired and a better side would have taken the game away from us. However, you have to give Hill credit for refocussing the players at half time and getting a strong response. I think we need to keep the ball much better against ten men and, similar to Saturday, we seemed to drop deep too early and invite pressure. I thought the substitutions could also have been made more proactively at 3-1 to help kill the game, rather than reactively after they had scored the second goal. However, I think we defended our eighteen yard box superbly in the closing stages, and Scott really did not have anything to do, despite all the balls they lumped into our box.

Individually, I thought most players worked hard but were below par, with the exception of Woolery, Manny (who seems to be getting back to his best defensively) and Clarke, who was my man of the match. Ferrier also did well when he came on.

Four points off top with a game in hand, and three points behind third placed Morecambe, who we play on Saturday. A fantastic position and not one many people would have predicted after the Stevenage game, so all credit to Hill and the players for the work of the last seven days.

Player
aldo
also, 4 home wins in a row, see Rochdale lost 3-4 there have been 49 goals in their last 9 games they are avg 3 goals a game but have won non of the 9 games amazing stupid run

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Agree with RLC that Ferrier did very well in his cameo and relieved some of the pressure. He may not be prolific but is good at holding it up and Keith may want to keep him especially if CBT is on his way out

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We stopped passing it around when they had a man sent off and lumped it forward too often only for it to come straight back again.

Clarke for me mom, McPake who is on loan from Rangers was outstanding for them all night. Upto 8th so important we can keep the upturn in results going on Saturday.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Agree with most of what's been said, but I hope Keith Hill addresses his blind-spot about the right-back position. Khan was uncomfortable against their best player, but he couldn't bring himself to introduce O'Connor.